Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Tuesday, April 16, 2019

40 Days of Prayer.... Day 37

   

Read

“Do you refuse to speak to me?” Pilate said. “Don’t you realize I have power either to free you or to crucify you?” (John 19:10)
               

Think 

Pilate claimed power over Jesus, and though he had some in that moment, it paled in comparison to the authority of Jesus. What claims do I make by word or action that try to make me the authority of my life?
   

Pray

Dear Jesus, reading these words uttered by Pilate brings into convicting and clear focus how, at times, I fail to respect Your authority over my life and acknowledge the might and power You possess. Forgive me and humble me. You are God, and I am not.

God Bless
Tammy

No comments: