National Coffee Day, also known as Coffee Day or International Coffee Day, is a holiday that celebrates this hot beverage and the joy it brings to people all over the world. On this day, people not only take the time to enjoy their favorite brand of coffee, but also many different types of businesses offer discounted or free cups of coffee to their customers. It is celebrated on September 29th all over the world.
While not much is known about the origin of this holiday, the history of coffee is a lot easier to determine. According to legend, it was discovered on the Ethiopian highlands by a goat herder who discovered the the fruit of the coffee plant had a stimulating effect on his goats. So he decided to experiment with them a little bit and viola-coffee was born! He shared his findings with the local monastery and before long, everyone was making a drink from the coffee plant. Coffee quickly spread across the Arabian Peninsula and by the sixteenth century was prevalent in all parts of Persia, Turkey and Syria. It eventually traveled to Europe by the seventeenth century and to the New World by the end of the seventeenth century.
The best way to celebrate National Coffee Day is to enjoy your favorite cup of Joe. Which is easy to do on this holiday because many different business often pass our coupons for free or reduced cups of coffee on this day. So choose your favorite brew and enjoy this popular beverage.
☕ ~ It's that time of the week when I stop and share the things I'm thankful for!
Some days I'm feeling down or overwhelmed ... Or frustrated.... And it can be a bit of a struggle to be thankful. But its so important to stop for just a few minutes every day and be thankful for at least a few things! Once you start thinking about it or writing it down.... You can alway find many more things to be thankful for!
So ..... Today I'm Thankful for.......
- God .... For His love... grace... forgiveness... and blessings
- fresh coffee every morning with my mom
- my dear friend and office manager for the beautiful flowers this morning!
- church tonight ... Thursday nights are amazing!
- my mechanic working so hard to get my truck healthy and loaning me the shop truck to get back and forth to work in!
- being able to replace all my moms old crocheted and knitted dishcloths with new ones!
- coffee always going at work
- making decent money from my flower seed business at this time of year!
- getting things together to go on a little trip to see one of my babies and his sweet wife
- my amazing children and awesome grandbabies
- one day at a time moving forward
- a fresh pot of coffee just brewed
- seat belts and brakes
Have an awesomely Thankful Thursday everyone!!!