Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Thursday, February 14, 2019

Valentine's Day.............



   is each year on February 14th, many people exchange cards, candy, gifts or flowers with their special “valentine.” The day of romance we call Valentine’s Day is named for a Christian martyr and dates back to the 5th century, but has origins in the Roman holiday Lupercalia.
This is the 3rd Valentine without my love.  No exchange of cards.. candy... gifts or flowers. 
I sit here with my memories of past Valentine Days and slightly smile through my tears.   Ken was so determine to be a romantic man that he even bought a book for himself a “how to” book one year.   Silly man… he didn’t need that book… but it was fun.  
I miss him so much.  Today is so hard.  Flowers being delivered… people wishing a Happy Valentine’s Day… banners and advertisement everywhere…. And I don’t have my Valentine. 
Don’t get me wrong… I don’t begrudge all the loves out there to have their special day.  I hope this is the best Valentine’s Day for everyone.  
For me…  my Valentine is in Heaven. 
Ken.... I miss you so much!!  I miss your silly smile... your crazy laugh... your jokes only you thought were funny... LOL   I miss your hugs... the way you held my hand... the way you looked at me with that love in your eyes.... the way we would always make up after a fuss.  I miss sharing our children with you... talking about how absolutely proud of them we are!  All our hopes and dreams for them... and our unconditional love for them... who they are and who they will become!   I miss our talks about our plans of growing old together... now I'm growing old alone.  

Forgive my sad Valentine post ...  and I'm not after sympathy... Just wanted to share a piece of my life and to let others who are in this same place.... you're not the only one!

Many Blessings to you all
Tammy

No comments: