Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday........


1 Timothy 6:6-8 6But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.
**What are you thankful for? Are you thankful for only the good things? Are you thankful for most things… but not ‘everything’? Are you happy with what you have… are you content? Or do you want more… always looking to have what others have or more than they do? Feeling angry because you or a loved one are dealing with some sort of ailment? This is something to really think about. You know… I ‘AM’ thankful. For absolutely everything I have and don’t have! But it goes beyond that … are you happy with who you are… who you better half is… your kids? Do you find yourself judging them… or expecting them to be someone else? Why are we not content with the ones God puts in our lives? He knows whats best! If there are issues your dealing with personally or with your loved one… LET GOD handle it. Let God touch hearts... heal minds and bodies... Be content in knowing that… and be content with you and who they are and who you know we will all become with Gods love. The more content you are… the more trust you’re giving to God. The more trust… the more Blessed your life will be! Trust your Father in Heaven. He’s a good Dad.**

Huge hugs… lots of love and blessings beyond your wants or needs!
::Tam::
**Give and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full-pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.
~ Luke 6:38**

3 comments:

Diane said...

I so much needed this! I have always been one to be happy and content, even thankful, when my life was less than what I expected it to be. Since my husband's death, I have struggled so much with this. Thank you for this reminder that God allows every person or situation in my life for my own good and His glory! I so much enjoyed reading this. I am so thankful I found your blog. You always post something that speaks to my heart!

Diane

CatzInTheHouse said...

WOW. That's so well said. I find the things that I am willing to place at the foot of the cross and totally walk away are the things that won't bother me the most. It's amazing how if we trust the Lord to take care of us and let Him have all the control how peaceful and content and over blessed we can be. May the Lord bless you richly. Mama Cat

Shana Putnam said...

Just wanted to say I read through a lot of your posts and I was so blessed! It is so nice to see a Godly person when it is so much rarer these days. Thank you for the beautiful words.