Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Monday, February 2, 2009

Marvelous Monday....

Good Morning & Praise God...
The day is beautiful... sun is bright on this winter day.... with temps being in the cool 20's.... wildlife out and about taking advantage of the sun and its warmth.... and the calmness in the air to leave one feeling at peace!
Well... its been a while since I just shared whats been going on around here. So lets see... we'll start with the kids....
Melvin graduated bootcamp in the Navy and is in training now. His wife and baby girls are still here close by.... My prayers are always with my son and his family!
Christopher is digging deep into learning about Real Estate. I was impressed with his recent knowledge... I do pray that he succeeds in this new venture he is wanting! His daughter and son are getting so big!!!
Jamie is doing well..... trying to make a good life with her son... his daddy and now a new one they have on the way! How exciting... a new grandbaby to love!
Patrick is growing way too fast............ 12 yrs old.... 5' 8.5" ... 125lbs... with a size 12 shoe..... *sigh* He has had a great school year so far! Enjoys all his classes... getting straight A's and tried his hand at a couple new sports. He played Football and Basketball. His first Baseball practice is next Friday... yep... time to get his arm warmed up for pitching.
Michael is doing well. The doctors put him back on prednizone after their tests said he had relapsed. His protein levels are down and he is on the weaning end of the prednizone now. Michael also is doing well in school. Really likes his teacher and is getting A's and B's. He played Football and is at the end of his Basketball season right now. Baseball practice will be next or him also.
David is still the cutest little bug man ever. He's having fun in school.... and is also getting A's and B's. As much as he enjoys the snow when it falls... he really cant wait till the Spring when the bugs will start to come out. He played Football this school year but passed on Basketball... but Baseball will be coming before we know it!
Ken and I...
Ken has started his own business.... *tkc data* I'm really proud of him. He's working 'on-site' for a client right now.... and is enjoying it. He keeps his eyes and ears open for leads to other clients all the time. This will be a great year of new beginnings for him! (For us)
With all that went on last year... Ken and I are finally really listening to God. Not that we didnt *want* to hear Him... but we admittedly were caught up in trying to put our two cents in with God to get things done..... which became disappointment and frustration because things werent going the way we were hoping. I finally heard and understood God when He told me to just step back and leave well enough alone so that He could work on the family issues going on. Within days there was a break.... nothing huge... but a start. Then came serious communication between Ken and I. With me finally open to hearing God and obeying Him... I was able to express my wants.. needs... fears.... and just plain vent my emotions.... to a point where Ken was able to do the same and we finally heard each other and then Gods answer to each of us.
This last week has been amazing.... God loving us... Us loving God.... and God showing us how to love each other. The tenderness... love... communication and romance has been like nothing I know I have never experienced. And sure.... there will be days of .... lets say *set backs* but the difference now is what God is doing through us ...with us... for us... for each other.... which ultimately gives God the glory... as we show each other... our family... friends and others.... the true Love of God.
Ken and I's love for each other has always been strong... but with God truly in it... its amazing!
The lessons we learn every day are just something else. Just when you think you have things figured out... God says... *not so fast.... I have much more for you*
As for Ken and I... with letting God guide our every move ... thought.... and communication... we have not only surprised each other... but ourselves. God has been showing us what true Romance is! And let me tell you... Ken is better at it than I think he knew.
Before I embarrass him.... I'll move on to my show and share for today.

Show & Share...
This is called a Flat Bottom Bag. I had place a wish for one of these on my wish list on one of my yahoo groups. A wonderfully.... sweet .... talented lady named Cynthia granted my wish. This is what she made me. I love it!!! I cleaned out my other purse and filled this one immediately! Thank you Cynthia so much for granting my wish. I love this bag.

This is the inside.... I flipped it so that you could get a good look at the Awesome embroidery on the pocket. A coffee mug with my initials on it. How cool is that!
Well... off to tend to things around here. Have a wonderfully marvelous Monday!

Hugs... Love &


**Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.
~ Colossians 4:2**

1 comment:

Debbi-a1 said...

What a great gift! I love the inside pocket too. I'd use it right away too.