Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A day of surprises........

Well............. Good evening all.
So my day started out pretty normal... and easy going. Get up... turn on coffee maker... shower.. drink coffee.. get boys up ... get them all showered and ready for school... drink more coffee.... start van... finish fixing my hair.. drink more coffee while filling a travel cup with coffee and take the boys to school.
Off to the store for a few things and home to crochet ... crochet .. crochet.
I get home... make more coffee........ (drank the first pot) spend some time reading email... chatting with friends... crocheting a bit... drinking my coffee... and next thing I know... Ken is coming home to spend the afternoon with me. We're going to go out and have lunch and just visit. (surprise #1)
We had a Nice lunch! I crocheted an itty bitty ditty bag while we were there and gave it away. :) Got the boys from school and headed home.

Home to find this............... (surprise #2) My prize for winning Bingo on my crochet yahoo group.
Is this just the cutest darn thing ever?!? It's now the new centerpiece on my coffee table in my living room. Thank you Aurora!!!!!!! I love it!!!

Added a couple of my own goodies... hehehehee The cupcake and Oreo cookie I decided to add just for extra fun.

Did you know God is full of surprises?
Jesus was born not far from Jerusalem, but it was in a small town, in a barn and the first people to know about it weren’t the wealthy, the powerful, the educated or even the terribly religious. God chose to tell shepherds first. It’s a surprise. It doesn’t match our expectations about God. And in Jesus’ life the surprise never stopped. When I look for evidence that our God is a God of surprises, I need not look any farther than the life of Jesus. I believe it is quite significant—it says a lot about who God is—that God chose to reveal himself to humanity in the person of Jesus of Nazareth.
Jesus was a carpenter and most of his friends were commercial fishermen...Some of Jesus friends were tax collectors....Jesus’ teachings were surprising, many of them: blessed, or happy, are the poor, the Meek, the persecuted? The kingdom of God is like a farmer who goes to the market place to hire workers. He hires some workers at six in the morning, some at nine, some at noon, some at three and some just an hour before quitting time and then he pays them all the same wage? It’s easier for a rich person to get to heaven than it is for a camel to go through the eye of a needle?
It’s a surprise.

Even some of Jesus’ miracles were surprises. He healed people. He fed thousands of people with a single bag lunch and he raised Lazarus from the dead. My favorite miracle of surprise is a fish story from the book of Matthew.
When they reached Capernaum, the collectors of the temple tax came to Peter and said, ‘Does your teacher not pay the temple tax?’ He said, ‘Yes, he does.’ And when he came home, Jesus spoke of it first, asking, ‘What do you think, Simon? From whom do kings of the earth take toll or tribute? From their children or from others?’ When Peter said, ‘From others,’ Jesus said to him, ‘Then the children are free. However, so that we do not give offense to them, go to the sea and cast a hook; take the first fish that comes up; and when you open its mouth, you will find a coin; take that and give it to them for you and me.’
Surprise
But the biggest surprise is yet to come.
Jesus’ death was not final. Death could not keep him in the grave. God’s love conquered death and continues to conquer death. Because he lives, we also shall live.
Surprise, oh glorious surprise.
And the final surprise...... Christ will return and restore the fallen world. Praise God!

Hugs... love.. & blessings
.::Tam::.

**But if we confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
~ 1 John 1:9**

No comments: