Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Giving.....

of our time... our talent and our love is a blessing to someone else as they see the Love of God through us.
My intention was to donate 12 scarves to the Special Olympics this year. But due to the demand on the special color yarn that was required in making the scarves.... I was only able to get 8 completed. But as you will see below.... my 8 was plenty.
I had a great time making these... trying new stitches... making my own patterns... etc. But the end result of knowing someone will be blessed by having one was really the goal.

My 8 donated Special Olympic Scarves

News on Special Olympics Scarf donations
BOISE - The Special Olympics World Winter Games put out a nationwide call nearly one year ago for scarves.
They wanted all the athletes and coaches to have one when they came to Idaho.
Organizers were inundated – receiving more scarves than they expected – or needed.
They received so many scarves they have decided to make these available to the public - what they ask in return is a donation.
Special Olympics World Winter Games organizers had hoped to gather about 2,500-3000 scarves for the athletes, but word spread quickly across the crocheting and knitting community.
As of now, they have received 55,000 blue and white crocheted and/or knitted scarves!
So organizers have decided to offer the extra scarves to the community and ask for a donation in return.
Organizers are sensitive to concern that those who made the scarves might be upset they are being sold instead of ending up around the neck of a deserving athlete.
The money received from the scarves will be used for the Special Olympic Games. Any money left over will stay in the community!
have a wonderful day.
Bless someone today... with a gift... a smile... your patience... or maybe just your attention!
Hugs... Love &



**Joyful are those who listen to me, watching for me daily at my gates, waiting for me outside my home!
~ Proverbs 8:34**

No comments: