Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Monday, February 13, 2012

All part of His plan..........

Good Morning all..............
Well as you all know... Ken had gone into a relapse back in November of last year. He spent 30 days in the hospital undergoing a round of chemo to get him back into remission. As of right now he is still in remission and starting the process of getting ready for a bone marrow transplant.
They have tested his two brothers and neither one were a match.... so we now wait for one to be found on the donor registry.
Anyway..... wanted to share the update with you all.......................

Here is what Ken wrote on his Caringbridge site.........

Hi All,

Well the tests have been done and neither of my brothers is a match. While that is very disappointing its not the end of my process, it just means we have to go the "unrelated" donor route. Since the unrelated donor route can take up to 2 months to find a donor and get the transplant scheduled, I will have to go through a maintenance round of chemo. We want to try to make sure I don't have a relapse before the transplant can be done. I just learned this all today, so I have no schedule yet as to when the chemo will be done or what drugs I will receive. I am hoping it can be done outpatient like my consolidation therapy.

I feel great, I am up for all that needs to be done to get me to and through the transplant.

GOD's plan apparently is for someone out there to be blessed with the chance to save my life. I feel blessed that there is even that opportunity for them,

Love you all!!
Ken


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So........... if you would............ prayers would be appreciated as we wait for a match for Ken to be found!
God wont let us down................ He's been with us every step of the way with all of this. We just need to be patient in His plan!



Thank you all so much for your love and support!
God Bless
.::Tam::.

No comments: