Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wonderful Wednesday......

Good Evening.................
What a wonderful day!!! The weather was awesome today. Ken and I had lunch out... ran a few errands... and then to see Michael give a report on the state of Idaho. He is so cute! Such a strong clear voice.
On our way to lunch... I was playing with some yarn I had received from a fellow Football mom. Her grandmother I believe was cleaning out some of the craft supplies that she just can work with anymore. Because I am almost NEVER seen without a crochet hook and yarn.... I was the first one thought of for being blessed with what ended up being a tote full of yarn.
I created this little drawstring bag to hold a votive candle. It made a great little gift to leave our waitress with her tip. :)
Here is the yarn I was given. WOW huh? Colors and brands I have never seen before. But oh so wonderful to have!!!
Wanted to share the progress of the Spiderman Prayer Blanket I'm making for Kasey. Its coming along nicely. I have a few more rows of red.. then back to blue... then on to the webbing and I'm done. I sure hope Kasey likes it.

Sometimes our fears creep in because it seems like God is taking too long to answer us. Is he out there? Hold on--he will answer you, so you must trust him while you wait.
I have to confess, though, that although for the most part ... I am a very patient person... sometimes I'm not so good at the patient waiting part. In fact, I sometimes carry around inside me an inner five-year old, jumping up and down and whining, “I wannit now, I wannit now, I wannit now . . .” Who enjoys standing in check-out lines? Who likes to be caught in traffic on the freeways? When the gift is bought and wrapped, why wait to give it? Once received, why wait to open it? And yet these are just the trivial examples.... of which for me.. really aren't a big deal. Like I said... I'm mostly a patient person. But when larger issued come into play... that go hand in hand with Trusting God for an answer to a prayer... well.. my patient can be poor.
When you find yourself faced with things a little more intense... its much harder to be patient. You find yourself wanting to solve the issue yourself... tend to the problem on your own. But remember.. once you do that .. you are telling God you no longer trust Him. We certainly cant have that. Patience and trust is a struggle we all have. God CAN and WILL help you through it. Just ask!
If I could give you patience simply by telling you to be patient, I would. But I know that true patient waiting is not something we can decide to do, nor can we force ourselves to be patient. We need to be patient with our impatience! To be able to wait patiently for the Lord is itself a gift of God’s grace, and we can only wait, be it patiently or impatiently, for that gift to come to us. So I will pray. I pray for myself, and for all of you, and for everyone who is waiting today. May we be blessed with the gift of patient waiting (and sound sleep!) May it be given to us to remember that the Bridegroom is coming. And may we ever hold ourselves in readiness, in hope, and in eager anticipation for wonders that Spirit still has in store for us.
Well... with that...I have a friend waiting patiently for Kasey's Spiderman Prayer Blanket to be done.. so I'm off to crochet a bit before bed.
Have a GREAT evening... a wonderful nights rest... and a better tomorrow!
huge hugs...
lots of love...
bountiful blessings...
.::T::.

**Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord. Psalm 27:14**

No comments: