Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Thursday, October 9, 2008

Totally New Look................

Well.............. What do ya think?
This started with an email from a friend. Whit that.. I visited her blog.. and found her background to be quite nice. Did some looking through the templates of the site she had hers from and found this lovely one. I felt it was time to really go for some change. I really like the new look of my blog... I had fun changing it over .. and it helped me feel better about other changes in my life that I have been dealing with.
God is so GOOD! Ken and I spent a time in prayer this morning over some very personal issues going on in our life... along with some other family issues. Ken told God that for today.. he was laying it all out for Him. I think taking that one day at a time step really helped Ken and I deal with things that have been going on. I mean the big picture is that we continue to lay all at Gods feet ... let Him deal with our issues completely. But reality is that we are human and easily distracted. Satan is good at what he does and can twist our mind in our days with any one thing that may happen. Taking our days one step at a time.. instead of all at once.. gives us better focus. We're able to stay on track and look through the eyes of God much easier. With that... Ken received a phone call late this afternoon as we were getting ready to go get the boys from school... that was a big encouragement to us. Thank you Lord for that Blessing! Thank you for rewarding our faithfulness and trust in you!
Our day was just filled with fun... relief and blessings. Ken and I stopped at Walmart today to get a few things... well of course you know I'm going to stop through the craft stuff to see what may be there.... especially when its looking as if they are cutting things out or something. We ran into the most lovely lady. A beautiful 82 yr old woman named Ruth. Oh my was she a treat! As I looked at the slim pickings of yarn on their shelves.. she struck up a small conversation with us... asking about some advise on yarn color and such. Before we left the craft isle... we were exchanging names.. addresses and pattern ideas. She is a serious crocheter and was such a blessing to visit with. As it would be... I had just finished making a dish cloth ... like the one in the picture below ... but in a different color. I had it in my purse and as we were talking about patterns... she showed me a blanket she was working on and needed more yarn for ... and I showed her my dish cloth. As we visited... Ken told her that she was so sweet and that she made him feel as if he was looking at me years from now. Still crocheting.. still lurking through the yarn isle of Walmart... and striking up fun conversation with a stranger .. talking about crocheting. As we started to part.. she went to hand back my dish cloth and I felt God say.............. "bless her" So I told her to keep the cloth... and enjoy! She was so sweet... hugged the dish cloth and wished us a wonderful day! Tomorrow.. I will be getting a few patterns together to mail her along with maybe a few crochet items.
After our shopping ... Ken and I went to lunch. Well... you know me... while waiting for our food and while visiting after we ate... I crocheted another dish cloth. As we were getting ready to leave... God said.... "bless your waitress" I folded the cloth to make a pocket.. and we put our tip in it for her and left. Boy did that feel good.
As we trust God with our lives .......... and bless others no matter what is going on in our own world... He will bless us and then some!!

This is a picture of the dish cloth I love to make. It works up soooooooooooo quickly and makes for a great gift. This particular cloth I made as a wash cloth for the shower. I made a body scrub with the rest of the ball of yarn. I used tulle and the cotton yarn together for the scrub side and then just a circle of cotton yarn connected to the other side. Used them this morning in the shower............ LOVE them. The scrub is GREAT for your feet.
These are kitchen scrubs. One side being made with cotton yarn and plarn (plastic grocery bag) held together and the other side being just the cotton yarn. Super easy to make... uses up the end of a ball of cotton yarn and recycles those darn bags that just keep piling up in my kitchen.
Well.............. I'm off to go relax. I'm not sure why... but I'm just not feeling myself this evening. This old body needs a nice long shower.
Have a wonderful evening. Before you go to bed tonight............... Give all your worries to God! Just hand them over.. let Him have them.. and deal with them. Sleep well and wake with a new mind. A new look on things! Let God Bless you!!!!

Hugs
Love
Blessings
.::T::.

**On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, "Anyone who is thirsty may come to me! Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, 'Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.'"
~ John 7:37-38**

4 comments:

June said...

Love the dishcloth...it kind of puts me in mind of the 12 point afghan! Love the new design, but the words are a little hard to read now. I think it is the dark pink background (not enough contrast?) These old eyes just ain't what they used to be!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You'd not been writing for a bit, so I stopped checking every day (not to mention I was without Internet for a whole week), and I come back to a complete page makeover (which is lovely, by the way!) and 6 posts! I'm sure that your waitress really appreciated your gift. :) I've been a server, and it's not a cakewalk. Especially dealing with so many types of people, many of them being rude. So when someone does like what you did, it really makes at the very least a bright spot in their day. :)

Ally said...

Pretty scrubbies! Where do you find your tulle?

teakaycee said...

June... you are a doll.
netta... thanks for the encouragement! I just want to bless others. I feel like I NEED to.
ally.....I picked up this tulle at Michaels. It was on a roll over in the Wedding supplies. Comes in a good amount of different colors.