Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day???

Three years ago... on Father's Day... My daddy was called home to be with the Lord. Anyone that knew my daddy was beyond blessed! He was a 'one of a kind' man!!! I miss you daddy! So Very Much! I love you with all my heart! The first man I ever loved! My hero!

Daddy...so many images come to mind whenever I speak your name;
It seems without you in my life things have never been the same.
What happened to those lazy days when I was just a child;
When my life was consumed in you in your love, and in your smile.
What happened to all those times when I always looked to you;
No matter what happened in my life you could make my gray skies blue.
Memories of the days of all the fish we caught... and the things we would build,
and dont forget those late night talks with a snack of bananas and milk.
Daddy, some days I hear your voice and turn to see your face;
Yet in my turning...it seems the sound has been erased.
Daddy, who will I turn to for answers when life does not make sense;
Who will be there to hold me close when the pieces just don't fit.
Oh, Daddy, if I could turn back time and once more hear your voice;
I'd tell you that out of all the daddys you would still be my choice.
Oh how I would love to hug you tight just one more time;
But I'm reminded I will in Heaven someday with every ring of your chimes.
Please always know I love you and no one can take your place;
Years may come and go but your memory will never be erased.
Today, Jesus, as You are listening in your home above;
Would you go and find my daddy and give him all my love?!
~muffit~

No comments: