Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Purpose in Trials

1. When difficult times come into our lives and we find ourselves unable to comprehend/to understand; the enemy is quick to throw doubts/questions into our minds.
2. We find ourselves questioning God's goodness/God's wisdom in allowing these things to happen.
3. We may even be bitter and angry with God for allowing this to happen to us and wonder if He really understands.
4. But God's word confidently reminds us that God does understand . . .
  • Things do not just happen haphazardly to the Christian.
  • With no meaning/no purpose.
5. God is in control and as Paul reminds us no one or nothing can separate us from God's love. Rom. 8--even the most difficult of circumstances.
6. James reminds us that God wants us to trust Him in the trials of life.
  • For as we trust Him in the trials God can use the difficult trial to mold us:
  • To mature us.
  • So that we will be more like Jesus Christ our Savior.
7. Isaiah the prophet said in trying to comprehend God's ways: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts. Neither are your ways my ways, saith Jehovah. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isa. 55:8-9)
8. God would have us trust Him in the difficult trials:
  • For even though we cannot understand He loves us and He is in control.
  • He will use this trial to help us grow spiritually and to help us mature and become more like Jesus Christ.
9. Trust Him! Keep your eyes on Him! And God will use even this trial for His glory.
10. But James goes on to tell us that not only does Gold have purpose in trials--but also that God gives wisdom in trials.

God Bless you all my friends!
.::Tam::.

No comments: