Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Monday, September 28, 2009

The Ultimate Benefits Package...

"Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits." Psalm 103:2

I only spend a short period of time in the 'corporate world' I don't have stock options …I don't read or even understand the New York stock exchange results. I’m at a loss for understanding profit and loss sheets. I’m not savvy at climbing the ladder of success. Neither am I a member of prestigious society. Benefits, however, now that’s something I do know!

I have the ultimate job with the ultimate benefit package. Unfortunately, like many people, I forget and sometimes take for granted the benefits I am entitled to. My position required no previous experience or specific educational background. I took the position early in my career but did not truly understand the job until I began to really study my training manual. My boss is awesome to work for. In addition to the benefits package, He makes sure I have everything I need to complete what He has asked me to do. He makes Himself available to answer questions and hear my concerns 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

What is my job you ask? Let me refer to my training manual … 2 Corinthians 5:20, "We are therefore Christ's ambassadors."

My boss inspired one of my co-workers, David, to write a beautiful poem outlining the benefits of being part of this work force. David did such an incredible job recording our benefits that the Boss included it in our training manual. Here is a portion:

Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

You can see by reading these few lines from Psalm 103 why I love my workplace and my Boss so much. There are more benefits listed in the training manual - God's Holy Word. I happen to know that my Boss is always looking for more workers. Our task is great and we could use all the help we can get. So if you are interested, give Him a call. You can reach Him through this network: P-R-A-Y-E-R. I know He would love to talk to with you. Oh, I did I mention He offers rewards, too? Just read the manual!

Lord, help to recognize today that You are my boss. You have agenda set just for me. Please be my day timer, my organizer. Help me never to forget the benefits I have because of the sacrifice of Your son Jesus. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.



hugs... love... & blessings
.::Tam::.


**Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. Colossians 4:2**

No comments: