Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Kindle 2 .......

Well............. this is a cool little gadget I have had my eye on since February when they came out with this version. I guess you could say its been on my little 'wish list' in my head.
I'm posting this in order to get some comments ... good or bad about it. They have come out with a new version (Kindle DX) its obviously more expensive.... and has a few upgrades... but I'm looking at the Kindle 2 a little more now because its come down in price!
click here to view the Kindle 2 on Amazon
Okay ... so here is a list of reasons I would like to have one. For me and my whole family.

* I could easily store a number of pdf patterns for quick and easy access.
* If I visit a craft store and see a yarn I must buy, I could easily look through my patterns on the Kindle to find a suitable project.
* I could download crochet/knitting/craft books and have them ALL with me anywhere I go instead of having to pick just a few to bring with me.
* The Kindle is very light-weight, and nowhere near as heavy as a bunch of books, even paperbacks!
* I could save lots of paper and printer ink by storing patterns on the Kindle and not printing them out.
* I could even make notes on my pdf patterns and in books I'm reading.
* Internet access and basic web browser that will let me read simple text-centric sites like Google and Wikipedia.
* I could access books, magazines, newspapers, and blogs on the Kindle.
* I could even use it as an MP3 player.
* It has a Built-in-Dictionary to have on hand for the boys homework. Especially Patrick with definition homework he has.
* It has over 350,000 books to choose from and download for my whole family. It might make reading more fun. I could have books for everyone with me at all times.
* Ken loves to read the news. He could have all kinds of NewsPapers to read anytime.

So.... with all that said................... is it worth the money? Please comments welcome!


Have a Wonderful Wednesday everyone!
hugs........... love............ & blessings,
.::Tam::.

**Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. Romans 12:12**

No comments: