Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Its fun to be different........

David giving his Presidents Report
I was going through pictures today ... sorting them out.. saving them and such... and came across this one. Just a couple weeks ago my littlest man David had to give a Presidents Report.
As I helped him research information about the President he had been given... I got to reminiscing about Michael this time last year doing his report. Michael is a bold ... self confident child. David is shy and unsure. So helping David with finding information was easy... but finding a style of presentation was something to think about. I knew David wouldn't be able to just stand up in front of everyone and present his report like his brother did. Michael presented his report as if he was the president himself ... giving a Presidential speech. It was wonderful and he got an A. Now David.. he is more of a crafty kind of kid... more hands on... 'create it' guy. So as we did the research together ... I kept thinking... how could David present his report in a 'crafty' way?
Well.......... through determination to help my little guy... we came up with a great plan. His entire report was placed in pieces on the backs of pictures representing what he was talking about. As he shared the information... he place the pictures on a report board. He was able to stick the pictures to the board with Velcro dots. So you see... he gave his report and in a crafty way created the report board he was to do also. It worked GREAT. He was given several compliments on how he presented his report.... both by classmates and teachers that were there to hear reports given that day. One teacher commented on how he kept everyones attention so well with his method of presentation... because the children were anxious to see what picture was next... and the information about it was simple and straight to the point. Teachers also made comments on how they had never had someone do their report in that manner before. We don't know what kind of grade he was given... but in my book... It was an A+ job!

As I spent time in prayer the other day... I was reminded of how different we all are. Which then as I came across this picture really got me to thinking of how the whole process of helping Michael and David with their reports is not alot different than God helping us learn and do things. As a mother ... I had to spend time researching my own children in my head as far as their own individual personalities go. What would be the best method for them to present their reports... so that it was THEM and not me ... or their dad... or even teachers that was really giving the report. Well.... like I said... Michael is my bold guy. Slight actor you could say. Confident.... speaks well... and all around will tell you like it is... even when he probably shouldn't have... (heheehe) So him presenting his report "as" President Ronald Regan was the perfect style. He was complimented by teachers on what a creative method it was. No one had presented their President that way before.
Then we come to David... shy... unsure of himself... yet very confident in his crafting abilities and quite proud of them. The report had to be 'him' ... not just reading a paper and not even understanding what he was reading. So he crafted the life of President Warren G Harding on a board and knew exactly what he was talking about. Understood all he needed to know about his President.

I think God does that with us. He knows us inside and out. He knows exactly what to put in front of us to get out attention. He know exactly how to use us to get to others. He knows how to do all this and we feel confident about it. We're proud of ourselves. Pleased with our work.
He loves us so much that He spends specific time creating things in our lives (good or bad) to get to us individually. Things that happen in my life will only work to get 'my' attention. He has to do something different to get my husbands attention... or my children... or a dear friend... or family members. And you can tell someone all about how God did something in your life and they may find it great... but don't really understand it. But God will do something in their life that only they will benefit from.
Its fun to listen to folks tell a story with the same ending... but the means of getting there were so different. That's your Father in Heaven ... caring enough about you individually to help set up your "Presidents Report" in your own style.
Thank you dear God... for loving me 'Just the way I am' and showing me things only I will understand and benefit from.

have a wonderful day all............

hugs... love and blessings,
.::Tam::.


**Instead, let us test and examine our ways. Let us turn again in repentance to the Lord.
~ Lamentations 3:40**

No comments: