Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Monday, March 29, 2010

Hook Knitting...............

Yes... you read the title correctly... I knitted this PawPrint dishcloth with my crochet hook.

For whatever reason, this technique is basically unknown out there in the crafting world. There are very few people who know how to do it, and almost no information on the Internet.... there has recently been a lovely lady that started a blog about what she has learned ... and there is a group on Ravelry that has spent some time learning this technique.... but there is still little out there on this.
As far as I have been able to tell, the technique of knitting with a crochet hook came from Japan. Apparently there are special hooks and books that you can order. There are hooks called Locker Hooks that are used for crafting with fabrics and rug canvas that some have found to work for Hook Knitting. There are a few that have attempted altering hooks to allow them to Hook Knit............. me being one. I went about my alteration a bit different... I wanted to be able to use my favorite hook for both crocheting and Hook Knitting............ so off to the hardware store I went.... and tah dah... my Hook Knitting extension. :)
This particular extension fits my size 'I' hook... I'm sure it would fit a size up and a size down... I havent tried it out yet. It's removable... allowing me to crochet when I want and then put it on the end of my hook to Hook Knit! :)

Now here you see I'm working on another Paw Print square... but this one is made with Red Heart Super Saver yarn. Our school colors are Burgundy and Gold... and our Mascot is a Cougar... so I'm thinking I may make a Cougar "Paw Print" blanket for those cool evenings of watching the boys in Football and even some cool evenings of Track season. I have a 12 point round ripple in school colors... but you can never have too many blankies... right?!
So far.. this square is coming along nicely!



hugs... love... & blessings,
.::Tam::.
**Only fools say in their hearts, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; not one of them does good! Psalm 14:1 **

No comments: