Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Monday, January 12, 2009

A good day for alot of Show & Share...

Good Morning..................
Well... lets start this all off with a couple pics of the birthday present I made for Michael.
This is a RaceTrack Bag. Michael loves matchbox and hot wheel cars. So... I had Ken get him two new packs of hot wheels and I made him this bag. He loves it! He can take his cars with him in this handy bag.... lay it out flat and have a way to play with them. This is great for giving Michael something to do when we go out. Especially like out to eat... poor kid gets bored after he has colored all there is to color on a kids menu.
Here it is closed up...............
and now open to play......................... and I guess Charlie wants to play cars.... or he is just being a stinker wanting to be in the picture.
This is a scarf I made myself. I joined a CAL (crochet-a-long) on the 'ville of 12 scarves of 2009. We are to make a scarf each month that we just like or may have some meaning to us for that month. Maybe its just a color scheme... or maybe they want to make a scarf that represents that months birthstone ... or flower... etc. I chose to make a scarf each month in dedication to family or friends. So... as you see... this month is dedicated to Michael... as its his birthday this month and he's my sweet little super hero. I chose a pattern I had never done before... and the color green due to it being the awareness color for issues of the kidneys. As you all may know.. Michael was diagnosed in 2005 with Nephrotic Syndrome... which is a kidney issue. So... this is my Michael (SuperHero) Scarf!


Now this is for a swap I'm in. Its a dishcloth swap. Well... if you all know me as well as you think you do... you know I wont just send one dishcloth.... so .. I made a dish drying cloth to set your clean dishes on to dry next to your sink... and then there is the 12c point round dishcloth in the corner there with the bottle of dish soap that will all be packaged up for my swap partner and sent off this week.

These next two pictures are of scarves made to donate to the Special Olympics this year. As a matter of fact... I will be mailing these out with the few I had already made and any others I get made by the 15th.

Here is a Granny'ghan I made for a friend of Kens ... who's wife just had a baby. I really like how the shading came out.
With what was left... I made this scarf for a friend of mine for her birthday this month.

This is a scarf I made just to try the stitch. I like it! I'll tuck it away for someones birthday or maybe to send to one of the charities I'm helping with.
This scarf was made to try the yarn. A soft chunky yarn in a shell stitch. Really soft and the pattern looks nice. Again... I'll save this for a friend or charity.

Scarves for victims of abuse
These are this months scarves I will be sending to a wonderful lady that gives these to a Crisis Center.
And there you have it............. my show & share for today.
Have a Wonderful day... and a better tomorrow!
huge hugs... lots of love
and bountiful

**Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.
~ Philippians 4:6**

3 comments:

Ally said...

I love your blog, you do such wonderful work! =)

I LOVE that race track bag, my 3 yr old would go crazy for a bag like that, could you share how you did it?

sissie said...

me too tammy:)) I want this bag and I would give anything to be able to crochet as much as you do:) thanks for showing the scarf for Jan I almost forgot I had joined that CAL! LOL I need to get over there and check out our pattern and color for the month:)

hugs,
sissie

Dragonflymom said...

WEll I always love your work....you do such amazing work!!