Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Thursday, April 23, 2020

Thankful for my Father in Heaven!


.:: A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped.  Jesus was in teh stern, sleeping on a cushioun.  The disciples woke him and said to him, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?"  He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be Still!"  Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.  He said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no Faith?" - Mark 4:37-40 ::.
It takes  time to adjust to changing situations.  Sailors need time to get their "sea legs" .. Mountain climbers rest in order to adjust their lungs to altitude changes... and Scuba divers surface slowly to regulate pressure.  Even adjusting to daylight-savings can take some time.  Here we sit with a whole new change going on.
During their time with Jesus... the disciples had to adjust quickly to radical situations.  A daughter was raised from the dead... a boy's meager lunch multiplied... a demon was cast into a herd of pigs that threw themselves off a cliff.  Could they have woken up in the morning and sufficiently prepared for such things?  It seems as though the disciples never really adjusted to the upredictability of life with Jesus.  Have you?
*** Father God.. no matter what changes I am facing... I can walk confidently when you are with me.  You are prepared for everything.. you are steady in the storm and you will not leave me to drown! - Amen *** ❤

Blessings
Tammy

No comments: