Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Monday, May 9, 2011

A good day to pick Rhubarb.........

~*~*~*~*~*~*~Good Afternoon~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well.... its a warm sunny day.... a good day to pick some rhubarb and make some yummy stuff with it!
My little David went outside to the side of the house and retrieved some wonderful rhubarb stalks!!!
We cleaned them up ...............and I spent some time in the kitchen chopping... cooking... and creating these two very yummy items........................

Here we have Strawberry Rhubarb Jam........................ YUM

And here is a Rhubarb Pie that I didnt get a picture of soon enough! YIKES... they dug right in!
Dont get your hands in the way of anyones fork reaching for Rhubarb Pie around here!!!! :)



I'm thinkin' I better make more pie the next time David drags in Rhubarb! :)
Thanks for stoppin' by................. have a GREAT day!


hugs... love ... .& blessings
.::Tam::.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I love rhubarb! I miss it. We used to have it in Michigan. Your jam & pie look so yummy. I used to make rhubarb/apple "rumble". Now I am craving rhubarb. :P

Tina said...

I just had to comment again, because I found some rhubarb today! I looked at one store in the produce, then the freezer section. Nope. Well I found it today in the freezer section at Smith's. You would think I just won the lottery. :P ($2.89 a bag :0 but.. It's worth it to me.)