Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Friday, August 14, 2009

Freebie Friday..........



Mile-a-minute scarf (stitch the strips together for an afghan)

Yarn – I used scraps of RedHeart Super Saver
Hook – I
Skill level – Easy!


Inside chain.
Row 1) ch 4, 2dc in 4th ch from hook, *ch 2, 3dc in same ch as first 2dc,* *repeat 2 more times, ch 2, join with sl st to top of ch 4 at the beginning. Ch 3
Row 2) 3dc ch2 3dc in next ch2 sp. Dc in next ch2 sp, ch3, flip project over so that the ch3 is on your right.
Rnd 3) repeat rnd 2 until desired length. Tie off.

Border
Attach yarn in any side ch3 sp. Ch3, 2dc in same sp. 3dc in each dc and ch3 sp to end.
Turning corner - Dc in last 3 dc, 3dc in ch2 sp, dc in next 3 dc, 3dc in each dc and ch3 sp to end, turn corner as before, continue in patter joining with sl st to first ch3, tie off.

Scarf - Add any other decorative border at this point if you choose.


Afghan – join strips together with any joining method you prefer. Add as many or as few as you like to get desired width.


Written by Tammy Carlton
From memories of very old pattern!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TY,Im going to try this :) Let you know how it turns out

Ally said...

Thanks for sharing Tammy! These will make great gifts. These will also make great scarves for my homeless project!