Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wonderful Wednesday....

When you woke up in this morning… did you take a REAL look around outside. Did you look through the snow… not at it. Did you look at the amazing wonders from the sun… don’t squint away from it.
What will you see?
On your drive to work or dropping the kids off at school…. Did you look around you. Did you see people frustrated in a hurry? Probably! Did you focus on them and become in a hurry yourself? Or maybe you noticed the way the sun was shining on the wet street… causing a glitter that almost danced. You would have missed it if you were in a hurry.
When you got to work… did you look at the chaos … becoming so focused on it… stressed and frustrated that you miss the thank you note from a co-worker for helping them out of a jam the day before?! Now.. what if you had noticed the note first… looking through the chaos… would you have had a sense of accomplishment that would carry you into your day with ease… tackling the work ahead of you?!
What you see in front of you… isn’t always the they way it is.
The people out in their cars in a hurry to get to work.. frustrated and stressed… that’s a little knock that satan is making on your door…. Trying to get in… ruin your day.. keep you focused on him and all the mess. The glittering streets that are so wet …. Yet sparkling from the sun… That’s God saying Good Morning and have a wonderful day!
You sit down at your desk and notice you phone flashing with a message. Now depending on what road you took of emotions... will determine how you handle the message. You listen.. its your friend sharing yet more issues she is having in her marriage. *Oh... I do not have time for this! Why does she always call me and complain?* Is that what you think... so you dont call her back?! So now satan has gotten to you... making your mood stressed.. thats the way he likes it. He has also gotten to your friend... deprived her of a blessed conversation with you that may lead to a step forward in her marriage. Or........ *Oh... bless her heart... I need to have lunch with her today. What an honor for her to think so much of me that she reaches out to me when in pain* Now there is the love of God. He is in your heart... to call your friend and love on her. Your friend will then be blessed by seeing the love of God through you.
The paper work and chaos waiting for you … if you get caught up in it… getting stressed… that’s satan knocking again. Trying to make you think that everyday is like that… never ends… never gets better… blah blah blah. Not true… why? That note from your co-worker is Gods way of showing you that you are good…. That things go right.. that things get done and work out. Not only did that co-worker thank you in that note… But God did too. You made someone else’s day better… who wouldn’t take that pat on the back and feel better themselves?!
So… have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!!!


huge hugs... lots of love and bountiful blessings,
.::Tam::.

**If you are wise and understand God's ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom.
~ James 3:13**






1 comment:

Diane said...

Oh Tammy, I was just saying to Katie that this is exactly what I had just gone through on the phone with my nephew. He was telling me all about his troubles for the gazillioneth time and I was just listening, getting more and more distracted and aggravated. Then, I thought "Well, I guess HE needs to say this whether I think I need to hear it or not". I'm glad I let the Holy Spirit correct my bad attitude in time to give him compassion. Thank you for sharing this. I obviously needed to hear it!

Diane