Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Following God no matter what.........

Charlie ... Christmas 2008
This last couple weeks have been a touch straining. First my Pastors wife is struck down by a stroke... a dear friend at church loses his wife to the illnesses she has fought for months... I've been struggling with one heck of a headache .... and yesterday a sweet dear man from our church was killed in a car wreck.
Because we are humans and we dont understand why things happen.. its very easy for us to question God... even become upset with Him. If we knew the answers to everything ... we wouldnt need God. If we understood why He takes some home before we are ready for them to go... we wouldnt need that ministry from God through us .. for us and others to learn.

This morning while heading to the kitchen for a refill on my coffee... our cat 'Charlie' follows me. Now he does this all the time!! I go anywhere in the house.. he's following me... *where ya goin' mom.. whatcha gonna get... is it for me can I help?* He follows me with such excitement everywhere... wondering what we're gonna do.... and I'm sure hoping there is something in it for him. :) Charlie follows me so close.. at times he trips me from room to room with the excitement in his step. He lays close by as I'm on my computer or crocheting. He even will sit outside the shower door waiting for me to get done. This morning something just hit me with his behavior and this last couple weeks events. Charlie followed me to the kitchen with the excitement he always does... I'm sure hoping there was a treat involved for him. But I simply poured my coffee and then went to my room to sit and read through email ... I got up again to get more coffee and start a load of laundry... again... there is Charlie.. right on my heals. I get coffee .. .start laundry and back in my room to crochet. Again........ up for coffee and there is that sweet cat... right behind me. Now......... I have made two trips already to the kitchen and not given anything to him... no treat... no pat on the head... nothing but he continues to follow me the third time with the same excitement as the first! He doesn't hang his head and waddle behind in a state of ' I hope I get something this time' He is just honestly excited to be near me. He knows I love him... every little inch of kitty fur. As I do our two doggies. As I do my children... my husband. I love them. I found it interesting how our animals... Charlie specifically this morning ... displayed the behavior of one that just know he is loved even if he doesn't get something.
Why as humans we don't display that same behavior towards our Father in Heaven... or gosh.. even towards each other? Why do we need to 'get something' in order to know we are loved? Why do we not follow God with the that sort of excitement? Wondering what may be next.. what is He going to show us.. Give us... or teach us? And when we do.... when we spend time in prayer and don't get the answer we wanted ... or just think we weren't answered... why do we pull away? We pout... we wont get up and follow Him until we are darn good and ready after pouting. Or we reach to Him only in our times of "NEED"
GET UP... follow Him. My goodness ... there is so much that is getting missed out on because we are pouty ...crybaby... too busy to deal with humans.
Yes.. this last couple of weeks seem to really stink do to all the sad events............ and yes.. .we should mourn for the ones we miss. God gave us that emotion for a reason. But there has to be a point where you take that emotion to God and not let it become the foundation of where satan can build on and destroy us.
I miss my friend.......... but I am so excited to see what God has in store for his family.... his wife.. children... grandchildren... and all us friends. What are we all going to see from this? What new thing will we learn? What new wonder will we get to enjoy?
I'm sorry my Pastors wife is going through this issue of a stroke........... oh.. but the wonderful new things she has learned... that she will share with us all.............. only because of God!
Daily trials.. .in marriage and finances.. and families........... Are you kidding me... are you really going to sit on those things and let them fester? Get Up.... follow God to the kitchen... tell Him all about it on the way.... and watch as He turns to give you a treat... or pat you on the head. It may take several trips to the kitchen... but never give up. Follow God no matter what.... God loves you! So love Him back... walk with Him in excitement every time!!! Get up... trip Him on the way... show God you are there ... show Him that you just simply love being with Him.


God Bless you all...........
Don't sit and pout today... get up... follow God. Everytime you do... you will become more love filled and lighter from your burdens being lifted. Everytime you sit and don't get up.... satan weights you down ... don't become so heavy in satans lies that you cant get up... and it become too late.
God loves you... I love you.

hugs... love and blessings
.::Tam::.

**But this precious treasure-this light and power that now shine within us-is held in perishable containers, that is, in our weak bodies. So everyone can see that our glorious power is from God and is not our own.
~ 2 Corinthians 4:7,**

Charlie one week after adopting us!


4 comments:

Ally said...

Another great post! =)

Anonymous said...

Great post !!! Great reminders

Diane said...

I have never been more aware of how true what you say is than at this very time in my life. Grief is such an overwhelming emotion. It is so tempting to just lie down in it and let it overcome you completely. However, when you struggle and keep moving forward, God's reward is His sweet reassurance that He is still there, He is still in control and YOU are going to overcome grief because HE has already overcome death! I am so thankful to have the Lord to carry me when I can't move on my own and to be patient with me and give me time to 'walk on'! Great post, Tam; as always!!!

Many hugs...........

Diane

teakaycee said...

Ladies...... thank you and God Bless!
God is with us always... in our moments of joy and in our darkest hours.... like any good parent!!!
.::Tam::.