Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Thursday, March 19, 2009

Going through the motions....

Do you find yourself just doing things with no feeling? Or maybe you even think you do feel it.
Its become so routine.. you are just going through the motions... and dont realize its all empty.
No feelings.. no love.. no time.. No God!

While at work.. you are asked to do the same thing everyday... you do it with no feeling. Why? Is it that awful? Are you that unhappy with your job? Look around you.......... do you see other weary faces? Why? What in the world could you possibly be unhappy about? You have a JOB! God has blessed you with work.. with a paycheck.. with a way to support yourself.. your family. Get up.. Praise God... Do that job with life... dont just go through the motions!

Family issues? Do you find yourself getting up.. tending to the kids.. the spouse and then everyone off to their busy day apart. Are you the one at home? Do you spend your day cleaning... baking... looking around in frustration because nothing is in its place? You make dinner because you have to.. not because you want to? You just go through the motions of your duties of a husband / wife... father / mother. Step back... look at your family..... look at that house that may not be perfectly tidy......... PRAISE GOD. You have a family.. you have a home.. you have a wonderful life.

Prayers? Are they emotionless? Do you find yourself just reciting them and not having any feelings for what you're prayer for or for whom? Its your duty to pray. To pray for your friends... family. It makes you feel better to know you spent that time in prayer.. you can mark that off your list of things to do. STOP! What are you doing?
Okay... lets look at it this way... your son/daughter is playing ... they are very busy with they are doing ... you say... 'love you sweetie' without looking up from what they are doing they simply reply... 'yeah.. love ya' hmmm... didnt sound real loving. Now... you're standing in the kitchen cooking.. your little person comes up behind you and hugs you tight around your waist... saying... I LOVE YOU mommy. Now that was from their little heart.
So back to spending time with God... communicating with Him... saying you love Him from your heart. When you laid your hands on that one you prayed for... did you feel it? Look at them.. you care about this person.. or you wouldnt be wanting to pray for them. Look at your Father in Heaven... do you really want Him to tend to your prayer for this person? Or are you just making yourself feel better by going through the motions?
Praise God you have a way of communication with Him. He wants to talk to you .. share with you.. love you and love through you.

I dont want to go through the motions
I dont want to go one more day
without your all consuming
passion inside of me ...
I dont want to spend my whole life asking
what if I had given everything
instead of going through the motions.

I love you Lord God! Thank you for ALL!! For the good things... they make me happy! For the bad things... they teach me! Thank you for loving me even when I may not show my love back like I should! Thank you for loving my friends and family even on the days they arent looking at you. Thank you for sprouts of weeds I see in my yard... that means wild life will be around soon to feast and I'll be able to show my boys more of your beauty in the deer.... birds... bugs.. bees... worms. Thank you for each and every grey hair... it shows me I have lived life! Not let it pass me by. Thank you for loving me like noone else can.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Show & Share update:

Well ...... 50 rows done so far. I'm ahead of schedule by 2 days. Woo Hoo!
sorry about the picture quality... the sun was shinning in through the back windows and door ... casting shadows on the floor. Next update will be better!

hugs... love & Blessings,
.::Tam::.
**Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better.
~ Colossians 1:10**

3 comments:

Cyn said...

Tammy, I needed to hear these things today. Thank you for sharing from your heart.

I hope you have a blessed day.

Shana Putnam said...

Thanks so much for this wonderful post! It really hit home with me and I know God sent me to check this blog today cuz I needed it. Just as he let me find $50 in my purse when I had $13 to buy some groceries to get us through till payday. Praise God and God Bless you and your words of wisdom and faith.

teakaycee said...

God Bless you both! What a blessing to hear that Gods word is being heard! Thank you for your encouragement! May you be blessed beyond your wants or needs!
.::Tam::.