Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Facing the truth.........

You think you're doing fine. You're not stressed about anything.. life is moving along pretty smoothly... I mean.. sure.. you have some things on your mind.. you have things you need to get done... folks you think about.. issues you are concerned about... but its all good... Right?
WRONG........ you are stressed.. much more than you thought.. you're worrying about things... you didnt realize you were that worried about... you're upset over those issues more than you thought... you're really not 'fine'!
I found this to be my case this morning while spending time in prayer with God.
It all became so clear as I was crying out to got for things in my life... I was stopped right in my tracks and shown that I was holding on to these things too tight. You see... its good that we pray constantly about the same things... that way we are sure to give it to God.. and then we can Praise Him and share His blessings with others as He tends to our prayers and needs... but what I found I was doing this morning was praying with such distress... as if I wasnt letting the things go for Him to tend to... I wasnt praying as if I was continuing to release these things to Him... more like I was in anguish over them.
I have suffered headaches almost everyday of my adult life... there are times they are more painful than others .. but most of the time I tolerate them and move on with my day. The last couple days I have had those... 'not so tolerable' headaches... so I spent time in pain physically and emotionally while praying. With all of that .. I realized how there have been a good handful of things in my life of late that I havent been letting go of... yes.. I have been praying about them.. boy howdy have I been praying. But I havent been letting go of these things... not completely... I have continued to worry about them.. I have continued to stress over them.. I have continued to be emotionally distraught over them.
Yeah..... I still have a headache... I'm a big pain.. hehehee.... but emotionally I feel alot better! I understand what I was doing! Now these things I was praying about are things I want and need to continue to pray about ... but I need to let God handle them... Praying about them just keeps me connected and focused on my Father in Heaven!
These scriptures were shown to me..... its time to face the truth.... and let go of my worries and stress............. God is bigger than it all! Time to let Him deal with it in the manner He feels fit.

"Therefore do not worry, saying, ; What will we eat?' or 'What will we wear? For it is the Gentiles who strive for all these things; and indeed your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.But strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. ( Matthew 6:31-33)

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat, or about your body, what you will wear. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. Consider the ravens: the neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!" ( Luke 12:22-24)

"So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today's trouble is enough for today." ( Matthew 6:34)

"And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to the span of life?" ( Luke 12:25)

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid." ( John 14:27)


A bit of Show & Share...

This is a blanket I have started for my 'to be' son-in-law. He is a Chicago Cubs fan ... so although you cant see it now.. this will have a Cubs logo on it. I'm wanting to have this done for Christmas for him. Did I mention is all in single crochet?! yikes! I told myself that if I put 10 rows on it a day... I can have it done in about 20 days. If I can pull that off... I will then set my hook on a blanket for my daughter for Christmas with Dallas Cowboys on it. Now.. if I can really do these two blankets in less than a month each... I would love to do other blankets for my other children for Christmas gifts. So... wish me luck all. I have 6 kids.. and soon to be 6 grandbabies... think I can pull off blankets for them all by Christmas?
20 rows done so far.

Let go today... Face the truth! Stop worrying about at least one thing today! Let God have it.
Tomorrow... give Him something else. In just days.. you'll find such a relief in your prayer time... such a sense of ... "Its all good" and before you know it.... it will be!
hugs ... love & blessings,
.::Tam::.
**...You must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to Him, now and forever!
~ 1 Peter 3:18**

3 comments:

Ally said...

Beautiful words Tammy!

I wish you luck with all those blankets! =)

Cyn said...

My pastor preached on this very thing not too long ago. He told us that we need to give things to God "palms down." If we hold our hands out straight down, we can't continue to hold onto things. I try to remember that every time I try to take something back.

teakaycee said...

God Bless you both... thank you for your encouragement!!!
.::Tam::.