Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Friday, March 20, 2009

Freebie Friday.........

Crazy Quick Cherry Cobbler

Ingredients:
1 can Cherry Pie filling (or fruit pie filling of your choice) **2 cans can be used for the fruit lover**
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter

Preheat oven to 350*.
Spray 8x8 pan with cooking spray.
Pour entire can of pie filling in bottom of pan
Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly on top of pie filling.
Cut butter in slices and arrange evenly on top of dry cake mix
Cover with foil. Place in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes.
Remove foil and place out to cool. Serve warm or cold.


To double this for a 9x13 pan...........

3 cans pie filling
1 1/2 cake mix
2 sticks of butter

prepare same as above... but baking time will need to be 90 minutes or so.
you can take the foil off at the 90 minute point to check ... if its not a nice golden brown all over you can leave it in uncovered until it browns.


Have a Fabulous Friday and a Wonderful Weekend
hugs.. love & blessings
.::Tam::.

**Then when you call, the Lord will answer. "Yes, I am here," He will quickly reply.
~ Isaiah 58:9**

3 comments:

Pam said...

Thanks for sharing, this sounds really good

SANDRA MAIN said...

I AM THANKFUL FOR AN OLD FRIEND STOPPING BY THIS WEEK, WITH HER TWO YOUNG SONS.

Unknown said...

I have made this before using pineapple on the bottom of the dish and cherry pie filling on top with 1/4 cups sugar on top of cherry filling and dry cake mix with melted butter and 1/4 cup sugar on top of cake mix and pecans. Since I do not have any pineapple, can I substitute pineapple with twist-up soda in the bottom of my dish, then cherry filling, cake mix and melted butter and rest of sugar and nuts on top? Bake on 350 degrees for 20 min. take out and cut with a knife and bake for 15 more mon.?
Please respond asap tonight so I can make it for Sunday. Thanks, Ivye