Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday....

What are you thankful for?
I don't quite understand how after making a list of things one is thankful for... that people can actually still question God. Be unsure of Him or that He exists.
I have a challenge for you today.......... If you have a blog... post "Thankful Thursday" for your title and then list 25 things you are thankful for. You can do it. I know to some 25 may seem like alot to think about. You will be amazed at how easy it is. From the simplest things to the most important. If you dont have a blog... then I challenge you to email a friend or two.. or twelve... with " Thankful Thursday" as your subject... share with them your 25 thankful things and challenge them to do the same.
Can you imagine all the blessings that will be passed around over this weekend!!?!!
Are you ready? Or 'weady' as my youngest grandbaby says. Lets Thank God today for all we have and don't have.

I am Thankful for...
1) God sending His son to die for me and give me a path to follow back to Him
2) my husband... that even though we may not see eye to eye all the time... loves me anyway... and whom I love more then anything.
3) my children! They are a part of me ... such a blessing to remind me that love is unconditional
4) my family... no matter the issues... I Love them!
5) Coffee (hey.. I did say even the simplest of things)
6) the sunrise. It means I'm here to enjoy another day of Gods beauty
7) weeds in the yard. They are a buffet for so many different animals which wonder through our yard... (deer, birds, cows, rabbits, squirrels... and so many more)
8) days of several hours of no electricity due to a storm.... so that we can watch the boys create shadow puppets on the wall with a flashlight.
9) 'thinking of you gifts' from my husband. (new coffee maker.. or a handful of roses) out of the blue just because he loves me and was thinking of me.
10) rainy sloppy days. We get to stay in the house and play until the sun comes out... then we get to investigate the wonders of nature in the mud left behind.
11) my emotions. Of late its been sadness of issues and mourning of friends. If not for those emotions.. I wouldn't be able to learn all the new things God has planned for me and others.
12) my crafting talent.
13) my desire to share my crafting talent with others. Gifts ... Charities.... etc.
14) my radio with the KLOVE station playing! God knows the best way to talk to me... through songs!
15) the Internet. I have made so many friends here!
16) family that lives in other states. It gives us a chance to take an adventure to go see them.
17) friends and/or family that bring their problems to me (sometimes alot) This is my chance to share God and do some learning of my own.
18) God's patience! He has to have some serious patience with me! Thank you Father for sticking with me no matter what I do or don't do.
19) really hot... almost miserable days .. so that I can have water fight outside with my boys.
20) a broken down dryer. It gives me a chance to reminisce over my childrens young years as I hold up each of their shirts to hang them up to dry. I see how big they have gotten from the last set of shirts.... and I hang them outside in Gods beautiful air.
21) toilet paper and paper towel rolls .... scraps of yarn... bits of paper... and tape. This is signs of a little creative mind has been there... enjoying himself ... creating a masterpiece and knowing that mommy will love the creation more than be upset over the mess!
22) a lawn that is over due for mowing in the summer... as its a reminder that I am so blessed to have my home and land.... and that God gave my husband the patience and talent to create it all for us.
23) my grandbabies... whether I see them often or not. I love them to pieces and when I do get to see them.... I get to hug the stuffin' out of them and spoil them rotten.
24) a messy house. That means I spent time with my kids and not my mop.
25) sunsets.... which are Gods way of tucking us in and saying goodnight. Rest and be ready for a new day tomorrow!

Wow.. #25 already... I have many more I was going to write. Oh well.. That just means I am super blessed and have ALOT to be thankful for!
Okay... your turn. You can do it. Find the good in all things. Its there. You just need to open your heart to God so He can show you! " weady? Go!"



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Spoiled Rotten.........
I have had the privilege of being a part of a swap on Crochetville. "Hooked on Crochet" was the theme of the swap. We were to give specific items to our swap buddy.. and then add any extras if we wished to. BOY HOWDY did my swap buddy spoil me with both! The required items were a hook holder... a hook.. and stitch markers. So as you see... I got those and much more!
Nicole..... Thank you so much for my goodies! You are a FANTASTIC swap buddy!

All my goodies...
Crochet Motif book and 6 skeins of yummy yarn
8 fabulous flavored coffees and the bestest coffee mug ever... from Crochetville.org
An ever so elegant Bible cover and 3 gorgeous bookmarks (love the pattern)
Beautiful hook holder... 2 absolutely awesome wood hooks and 12 adorable stitch markers
Thank you again Nicole for all these wonderful things! I wish that one could express their heart better with words.... because my heart is just so overwhelmed with joy and being blessed! I literally sat with my mouth gaping open wider and wider as I pulled each thing out of the box. Thank you just doesn't seem like enough to say! But its all I have! So......THANK YOU my dear... I LOVE each and everything you sent!

have a wonderful day all............... I know I'm going to thanks to my Father in Heaven!
hugs.. love and blessings,
.::{tam}::.


**You will keep on guiding me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny.
~ Psalm 73:24**


5 comments:

Ally said...

Great idea, I'm off to post mine!

I was going to do that swap but then changed my mind. I'm keeping my eyes on the summer scarf swap, that sounds like fun! =)

Marie Anne said...

I haven't done a swap at the 'ville, but wow, you were truly blessed with this one for sure - good for you!

I'm still moving in to my new house and haven't been to the 'ville in forever, it seems. One more thing to add to my list - ugh.

Diane said...

Christmas in March!!! WOW! What a wonderful and unexpected pleasure to open that box and find so many treasures! Congratulations! I can think of no one who deserves it more!

I already had posted my Thursday blog post before reading yours. I will do the 'Thankful Thursday' challenge next Thursday! Great idea!

Diane

Tam G. said...

I would love to have the pattern for the beautiful hook book holder. They'd make a great stocking stuffer gift. If there is anyway to get it please let me know. tamjenag1@msn.com
Thank-you Tammy G.

armymom451 said...

Oh I have lots to be thankful for. I will start listing on my blog now. Hugs and God bless.
Carol