Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Christian:
Several years ago, a preacher from out-of-state accepted a call to a church in Houston , Texas . Some weeks after he arrived, he had an occasion to ride the bus from his home to the downtown area. When he sat down, he discovered that the driver had accidentally given him a quarter too much change. As he considered what to do, he thought to himself, 'You'd better give the quarter back. It would be wrong to keep it.' Then he thought, 'Oh, forget it, it's only a quarter. Who would worry about this little amount? Anyway, the bus company gets too much fare; they will never miss it. Accept it as a 'gift from God' and keep quiet.' When his stop came, he paused momentarily at the door, and then he handed the quarter to the driver and said, 'Here, you gave me too much change .'The driver, with a smile, replied, 'Aren't you the new preacher in town?'
'Yes' he replied.'Well, I have been thinking a lot lately about going somewhere to worship. I just wanted to see what you would do if I gave you too much change. I'll see you at church on Sunday.'
When the preacher stepped off of the bus, he literally grabbed the nearest light pole, held on, and said, 'Oh God, I almost sold your Son for a quarter.'
~*~Our lives are the only Bible some people will ever read. This is a really scary example of how much people watch us as Christians, and will put us to the test! Always be on guard -- and remember -- You carry the name of Christ on your shoulders when you call yourself 'Christian.'
**Watch your thoughts ; they become words.
**Watch your words; they become actions.
**Watch your actions; they become habits.
**Watch your habits; they become character.
**Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

This was shared with me as a reminder. So, I choose to share it with you all- my friends... my family.
God bless you; I hope you are having a wonderful day!
If you don't share this on to anybody, nothing bad will happen; but, if you do, you will have ministered to someone.
Huge hugs... Lots of love & Bountiful Blessings
.::Tam::.
**Don't hide your light under a basket! Instead, put it on a stand and let it shine for all.
~ Matthew 5:15**

2 comments:

Diane said...

As children growing up on our family farm in southwest TN, Momma and Daddy reminded us all the time "Your life's the only Bible some people read". As I've grown older, I am more convinced every day this is true. One of my daily prayers is that the Lord will help me to remember WHO I AM....for I am a child of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords! Thank you for this beautiful reminder.

Many hugs..........
Diane

teakaycee said...

God Bless you my dear friend!!!
.::Tam::.