Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Tuesday, November 19, 2019

30 days of thanks.... day #19

Today I’m thankful for God!!!   His love ... comfort ... & grace are amazing!
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” (Philippians 4:6)
Feelings of worry and nervousness will inevitably pop up as you travel your life’s path. Things will happen that you don’t understand. You will be called to do something even when you don’t have a clue about the outcome. Anxiety will present itself to your uncertain mind. But you don’t have to live there. The answer to anxieties is to go to God as soon as you sense a worry. Don’t wait. Pray immediately and ask for His strength to carry you.
Philippians 4:6 has the first three steps to talk to God about your anxiety:
1. Pray about everything. Does it say only pray about the big problems? I know I have the tendency to try and muddle through in my own meager strength until I can’t go on anymore. But if I do what Philippians says and pray about everything, that really does include everything. God is strong enough to handle ALL my worries. Whereas, I often break from the pressure that I put on myself. 
2. Tell God what you need. Don’t use the excuse that He already knows. Of course, He knows already. He’s God. Actually, He knows even more than you do. I tend to get so caught up in my wants, that my real needs are often hidden from view. God may already know what I need but He wants me to always come to Him about everything. Even when I ramble on, He probably just smiles and listens and is glad that I felt comfortable talking with Him
3. Thank Him for all He has done (and will do). Gratefulness goes a long way to cover my anxieties. When I keep a long mental list of all that God has blessed me with, they often crowd out my anxieties. Also, I can keep a mental list of hopes and promises for my future, that also takes up the space that fears try to live. Doubts may seek to fill my mind but thoughts of comfort give me renewed hope and cheer (Psa 94:19).


No comments: