Is there a scriptural basis for spiritual warfare and defeating it? 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 states, "For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
When dressing for spiritual warfare, there are six basic items listed in Ephesians 6. These include:
- Strong Belt of Truth - The truth that God provides will defeat
Satan's lies every time. What Satan may be telling or selling might sound good,
but God's truth will open our eyes.
- Breastplate of God's Approval - One of Satan's favorite attacks is on
our hearts, which in turn, attacks everything else. God's approval of us and the
fact that He sent His Son to die for us shows us love.
- Shoes of God - We must be ready to spread the good news and do our
part in helping fulfill the Great Commission of telling all the world. Satan
really doesn't want this to happen, so he wants us to think the task is too
great or that we can't make a difference.
- Shield of Faith - Our growing faith in God shields us against attacks
in the form of setbacks, insults, and temptation. We must realize that the
ultimate victory is ours with God.
- Helmet of Salvation - This protects our minds from doubting God's
saving work for us.
- Sword of the Spirit - This is a weapon of offense against Satan. When tempted, we must rely on the fact that God is with us, and He wants us to go on the offense fighting back.
hugs... love... & blessings...