Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Friday, January 23, 2009

Words are powerful!!!

You're worthless! You arent smart enough to help! You're only good for one thing!
You need to grow up. You arent teaching your children anything good!
You arent the woman I thought you were! You need to get over it and seek help!
You're too short. You cant do that. That was dumb!

We take the things people say to us to heart whether we intend to do so or not. Words have ways of sneaking past our defense mechanisms and penetrating deeply into our soul. We might try to disregard or shrug off the things others say to us, yet we find ourselves recalling the hurt, the sting, or the doubt those words stirred up. The words from family or of a friend, neighbor or mere acquaintance can affect us for better or worse.

Instead of accepting and indoctrinating someone’s offhanded comment, we need to take those words before God. We need to ask Him if the words are true. What is His opinion of the issue?Particularly when someone’s words rub us the wrong way, we need to hold these words up to the light of His Word. By doing this, we will feel His peace. We will experience the freedom of being released from the hold these words have had on us.
Don’t let the words of others inflict unnecessary harm on you. We say things we shouldn’t every day—never realizing the mark we leave. And yet, the very thing someone said without thinking can so easily penetrate our hearts forever. God loves you. He wants to free you from the falsehoods you have mistakenly adopted as truth in your life. Take time today to seek His truth in your life. Spend time reading His Word to hear what He has to say about you. Don’t just take someone else’s word for it!
Dear Lord, Please help me to let go of the hurt I have held onto because of what others have said to me. I want to know what You have to say to me instead of believing the wrong things. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.


Show & Share...
This is a scarf I made for a very dear online friend for her birthday! I sure hope she likes it! Its my own pattern... I'm kinda proud of it. Its really simple... but the look is what I'm proud of.
I need to write up the pattern.


This is a scarf I made for my Grandma-in-law. She's a RedHatter. I thought this would be a fun scarf to where to her meetings and such. Choose your words carefully today.... and show love instead of criticism.

HUGE HUGS
LOTS OF LOVE ...
AND BOUNTIFUL


“When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty.” Jeremiah 15:16

No comments: