Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Wednesday, January 7, 2009

One of God's little Superheroes

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.................


This is what it looks like when a Superhero is worn out!

Brave little Michael... got up this morning with his legs in pain. He tried to go to school... but ended up coming right back home. I got him comfy on the couch.... with heating pad under his legs... covered in an afghan my Aunt made many years ago. He sat and did the home work that was sent with him until he couldnt take it anymore... he fell right over .... curled up and went to sleep. I got a pillow under his head and tucked the heating pad on top of his legs. I stood there looking at him... thinking... *thats my little superhero* You cant tell by this picture... but he looks so frail! He has lost alot of water weight and then some. With the relapse he gained 15lbs of water... he lost all that in the last few days... and has now lost about 5 more off his regular weight.
He's tired... his appetite isnt great and his muscles ache. He's still on the high dose of prednizone until his protein levels reach zero.... then we can start the weaning process to get him back into remission.
I stood there looking at my little guy wondering ... If I believe without a doubt in my heart or head that Michael is healed from Nephrotic Syndrome.. yet the lies from satan have come to be seen... What does God want from me? Is there something I'm missing? Have I not done something I should?

What does God want from you and me? I wish that every one of us would make the answer to this question the driving force in our lives. If we would only give it some genuine consideration I believe that we would be changed. I dont want to just go through the motions of serving God. I dont want just a superficial commitment to God. I want to know God is real in my life, and I want Him to know that I mean business. What about you? Do you want to know the answer to that question?
1) God Wants Our Acknowledgement
"Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." Ps. 46:10
* Although we aren't ignorant of God, many choose to simply ignore Him,
**Our lives become so involved with people, events, and things that God is seldom, if ever, considered.
**It is sad to say that many who name the name of Christ get so busy that God is left out of their life, or He is conveniently ignored until some crisis brings us back to Him.
* Some intentionally ignore Him.
** There are many who refuse to acknowledge God even exists,
**God's Word says that they are fools!
**They may deny His existence now, but God declares that one day every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!
*When we acknowledge God properly there will be:
**Confession
a. of sin
Proverbs 28:13, "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy."
b. of salvation
Romans 10:10, "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness: and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
c. of the Savior
John 4:15, "Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God."
** Admission
a. of our own weakness in the flesh
b. of our inability to help ourselves
c. of our total dependency upon Jesus Christ
d. Jesus said, "without me ye can do nothing." Jn. 15:5
e. Paul said, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13
**Commission
a. We will commit our ways "In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Pr, 3:6
b. We will commit our life, Paul said, "For me to live is Christ…" Ph. 1:21
c. We will commit our will, Jesus said, "Not my will, but thine." Lk. 22:42

2) God Wants Our Allegiance
* Moses asked, "…Who is on the Lord's side let him come unto me." Ex. 32:26
* Joshua challenged.. "Choose you this day whom ye will serve." Joshua 24:15
*Elijah questioned, "...How long halt ye between two opinions? if the Lord be God, follow Him." I Kings 18:21
*Jesus commanded, "And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple," Lk. 14:27
** We give our allegiance.
1. to political parties
2. to clubs and organizations
3. to our jobs and employers
4. to schools and colleges
5. to all sorts of community and social projects
6. to family and friends
** But God wants us to give Him our allegiance first!
1. "No servant can serve two masters.,."
2. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God,.."
3. "Why call ye me' Lord, Lord and do not the things which I say?"
** Where does our allegiance lie? We will make time for what is most important in our life. Does God have our allegiance?
Colossians 3:2, "Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth."

3) God Wants Our Availability
* He doesn't need to use us!
**Often we mistakenly get the impression that God couldn't get along without us.
** It is an inflated self-evaluation that leads us to this conclusion.
**Ro. 12:3, "For I say.. through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more s highly than he ought to think..."
**The Lord wants to use us, but He can use someone else if we aren't willing.
* He does want to use us!
** Acts 9:1?6 2. Paul had to be willing to be obedient to God before God could use him in such a mighty way.
**God wants us to be obedient to Him so that He might use us in His service.

So... I stand firm.... I believe in my God... I love God.. I trust God..... I have complete faith that God will do what is best for me and my family! Through each and every trial.... my eyes... my heart.. and my mind must stay focused on God! I must rejoice in all things.... even the tough times in my life. If not for the trials... I will not learn and grow. If I dont learn and grow... how will I ever be able to do what God wants!

Huge hugs... lots of love
and Bountiful

**No, O people, the Lord has already told you what is good, and this is what He requires: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
~ Micah 6:8**

No comments: