Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Monday, January 19, 2009

Marvelous Monday...

Praise God for all that is new. New year... New life... new chances... new commitments... new love... new friendships.......... and a new day to blog. (especially since my computer was down for the last week)
I do apologize for not tending to my blog. My laptop decided it needed a nap. But with the help of my wonderful husband taking it to the computer doctors... and them giving it a good cleaning and a bit of TLC... I'm up and running again. Whew!
God has moved quite a bit in my life this last week.
I've learned alot and been blessed in many different ways.
Have you ever had an issue that you prayed and prayed about... that you told God and everyone else that you were giving it to HIM. ... that you would trust Him and let Him do the work? Okay... now have you ever done those things and then put your two cents in? Well... I sure did.... and have been. You see.. .this 'Family issue' I've been writing about recently really took its tole. I was finally hit with my own words. I truly meant from my heart for God to take control of this issue.... but I kept trying to help it along. I would send invitations to school and sport events with no response and no show. I sent cards and such in the mail... again.. no response. Recently I sent Christmas gifts .... I finally got a response from one of the family members this issue concerns.... but not one I wanted. The gifts were returned.
I was already having a hard time dealing with not being with my family for Christmas and then that! While sitting in prayer a day or two after the gifts were returned... God clearly showed me that I was butting in. How in the world was God suppose to do His work if I kept sticking my nose in His business?! I just wanted to help.. I wanted to show them I loved them and that I was trying to reach out. God said, "Tammy........ all of your good hearted actions are wonderful...but if you want me to work in this situation and in their hearts... you need to stop standing in my way. Stand next to me my child... not in front of me! Let me show them who I am so they will continue to see me through you!" wow.............okay. I felt so much better after that. I was at total peace with the idea that I was going to just let God fix this. Days went by... I continued to feel completely calm and at ease that God was handling it all. What I didnt really expect was that it was going to be within that very week. All these months of riding that emotional rollercoaster.. now showing signs of coming to an end just days after me really letting go. I received a phone call wanting to meet. Wanting to talk. The first communication from them. Thank you God!
We need to really mean what we say! You say you forgive someone.... as much as you want that to be true... you need to really do it... not just say it hoping it will come true. You say you want to let God be in control... you want Him to fix a situation... touch someones heart.. heal someone who is sick..... then you need to get out of His way and let Him do those things. Saying it is great... doing what you say is harder... but what has to be done. Do you really think God doesnt know what you're doing or how you feel? He knows your heart... but your actions prove different. Talk to Him... say it out loud.... tell Him you want for an issue to be fixed... someone to be saved.. or healed... but you are having trouble staying out of His way. You'll be amazed at what comes next. God is so good!
Prayers would be appreciated for my family issue to start healing with this meeting. I'm hoping this is really an open door.


Show & Share...
I made this stocking cap for my daddy for Christmas this last year. You see... my daddy passed away 4 yrs ago this coming Father's Day. The last 8 months of his life he spent in the hospital and rehab. During that time he made stocking caps for as many nurses as he could. Well... I decided that this Christmas... daddy was going to get a stocking cap of his own. Here is one side... with the year.. and some snowflakes.

This is the other side. Daddy was the 73rd heart transplant patient at the hospital he received his new heart.... which gave us an additional 10 years with him.


Here is daddy wearing his new stocking cap. Doesn't it look nice on him?

Have a wonderfully blessed day!
huge hugs...
lots of love...
and Bountiful

**Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."
~ John 8:12**

No comments: