Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Friday, July 18, 2008

'Freebie Friday'..........

Good morning..................
Rub your eyes..... have you had enough coffee... did you read the title of this post correctly? Yupper............. its Freebie Friday.
I've decided that as often as I can... Fridays will be days I either share an original design I have written ... or share a free design from the net that I have found fun to do. I will post the pattern or link here. So check in on Fridays for sure... you may find a treat.
So with that................... This is my first Freebie to share.


Book Thongs
©Designed and written by Tammy Carlton



Hook size: G
Yarn: Simply Soft by Caron
Skill level: Easy







Granny Square Book Thong

Curl:
Ch 25 – dc in 3rd ch from hook. 2dc in same ch st. 3dc in each ch st to end.

Chain(thong):
Ch 50

GrannySquare:
sl st in 3rd ch from hook to create circle.
Row 1) Ch 3. 2dc in circle. Ch 3. (3dc, ch 3) 3 more times. Sl st in top of beginning ch3 Total of 4(ch3 sets)
Row 2) sl st in next 2dc and into ch3 sp. Ch 3, 2dc in same sp. Ch 3, 3dc in same sp. **Ch 1. 3dc in next ch 3 sp. Ch3, 3dc in same ch 3 sp.**
**repeat 2 more times. Sl st in top of beginning ch 3. finish off.


Circle Book ThongCurl:
Ch 25 – dc in 3rd ch from hook. 2dc in same ch st. 3dc in each ch st to end.

Chain(thong):
Ch 50

Circle:
sl st in 3rd ch from hook to create circle.
Round 1) ch 3 … 11dc in circle. Sl st in top of beginning ch 3 (12)
Round 2) ch 3 … dc in same sp with ch3. 2dc in each dc around. (24)
Sl st in top of beginning ch 3. finish off.


Double Ended Curl Book ThongCurl:
Ch 25 – dc in 3rd ch from hook. 2dc in same ch st. 3dc in each ch st to end.

Chain(thong):
Ch 50… place stitch marker at ch on hook.

Curl:
Ch 25 – dc in 3rd ch from hook. 2dc in same ch st. 3dc in each ch st to stitch marker. Finish off.

Design written July2008 ©2008 by Tammy Carlton

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There you have it.... Today's Freebies. Enjoy!
Have a wonderful day.... and for fun.... make this a Freebie Friday for someone else. Any random act of kindness done today for someone else sure would make for a great way to start the weekend.
hugs... love and blessings,
.::{T}::.

**...You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.
~ Matthew 22:37-38**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I reeeeeeeeally need to come by your blog more often....lol Thanks for posting the patterns! I will DEFINITELY be making some of these!

~cjoy said...

I found this through Ravelry - I love these. I plan to make one for my son's teacher to start, and I likely need one, and I have a friend who loves to read and there's someone else for. . . =D