Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A gift in the mail......................

Isnt this beautiful!!!!? I received this from a very sweet lady over on the 'ville. Crystal (aka: ducky) Thank you so much! I just love this bag! Um... apparently so does my kitty .... :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Our capitalistic society is geared toward one purpose…people accumulating wealth. While there is nothing wrong with material abundance, many Christians today have lost sight of why God has blessed them with prosperity.
They believe it is for their own good and benefit, but God's perspective is quite different. For example, here is what the writer of Hebrews tells us in Hebrews 13:16,

But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
Now the phrase "to share" means to share with others. One translation says, Share what you have. Another version translates this, Be generous. Another says, Contribute to the needy.
You see, God blesses us to make us a blessing! That ought to be the main motivation for desiring and praying for God's blessing in our lives. God told Abraham, "I'm going to bless you, and you will be a blessing." God says the fringe benefit is that, "I will give you richly all things to enjoy."

But the main flow of God's purpose in blessing us is so we can help other people.
It is also the reason we should desire the inheritance that Christ has given to us, all of those Holy Spirit-conferred blessings, Why? Because we can't give what we don't have. You can't bless someone if you don't have anything to bless them with!
God is well pleased to see us walk in our inheritance as sons, but He is also well pleased to see us share what He has blessed us with.


hugs... love & blessings
.::Tam::.

No comments: