Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thankful Thursday.................



Good evening................ Wow.. what a day! Went to my moms to spend time with her and make handmade greeting cards. We had a good time!!!
Thought I would share in this post another "Charity project" I believe it was last year ... I read on a post on Cafe'Mom about a little baby named Evelyn whos father shook her. She was rushed to the Hospital where she spent alot of time fighting to recover from Shaken Baby Syndrome. She still has side affects and still fights to get back to being a normal baby... but is recovering. Well... a sweet lady wanted to make a Comfortghan for Evelyn. So she put out a request for squares. I made 3 my daughter made 1 and a friend of mine made 1. I sent the 5 and was so thrilled to see a pic of Evelyns blanket all finished with our love squares mixed in there.
I wanted to share here too. It really does something to your heart to see your work put to the use it was intended for and appreciated.

These are the squares I made ..........................
This is the finished blanket that was given to Evelyn! :)

Now........... This brings me to the squares my daughter and I have been working on for "Hooking for a Cure" This is an updated picture of the dozen we have done. I'm not sure we will get any more done in the next few days before they need to be mailed.... but we'll try. I am amazed at the number of ladies helping and the number of squares that are going to be donated! Its just outstanding!!
Well........ off to get a refill on my coffee and get some more crocheting done.
Have a wonderful evening … and find at least one thing to be thankful for!
I’m thankful for *friends* (always there when I need them)… *my family* (loves me no matter what)… *sunny days* (great for ball games)… *rainy days* (cozy time for crafting) … *snowy days* ( the blanket of white is beautiful and fun to play in.. also means a great cup of cocoa is in order) … *windy days* (gives the trees a chance to talk)… *smiles* (warms your heart in joy)… *crying* (warms your heart in caring)… *anger* (reminds us we aren’t perfect and need God) ….. guess I found more than one thing to be thankful for …. Hehehee
Huge hugs…lots of love…and blessings beyond your wants or needs…
::Tam::
James 4:7

1 comment:

lovetoknit said...

Hey, Tammy, it's Julie from CafeMom and I enjoyed reading your blogs. I too, helped out with the baby blanket for Evelyn. It gave such joy to help out. All you work is beautiful and very much appreciated. My latest passion has been to knit socks. Check me out www.knittinggirl-lovetoknit.blogspot.com. Have a great weekend. Julie