Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Thursday, March 27, 2008

Comfortghan for my mommy..........

A little background......
3 years ago this Fathers Day... my daddy passed away. That was the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with.... and am still dealing with! My daddy was my hero... he was the first man in my life... the first man I loved... and now the first man to leave me. I could write for days telling the tales of my life with my daddy!
Anyway... about a year before daddy passed... one of my folks dogs (Rusty) died. He was a pretty old guy and lived a GREAT life for a doggie. Although it was a tough thing to deal with... I think them still having one other doggie.. helped them and the rest of us get through losing Rusty. Then daddy fell ill and months after that died. Boy that really stunk!!!!!!! But again... for my mom... I think having her other doggie (Jake) to hug on... helped her get through it.
Well......... last week... Jakie started acting funny.......... mom took him to the vet... but on the way there ... he passed away in the back seat of her car. Talk about heart breaking!!!!!!! My mommy's little buddy.... :( My heart litterly aches for her! Not to mention... I miss that silly little fur ball! I have two doggies... which happen to be Jakes dad and sister.
So now onto the Comfortghan.....................
I struggled one whole day... trying to decide whether or not to reach out for help in making my mom a blanket. I honestly argued with God over it. Of course... you know He always wins. :)
So... I did as an obedient child should and I asked for help on Crochetville. I was going to post on Cafe'Mom. But just felt like that was really asking too much. I didnt want to be greedy! I just wanted some help... to at least get this Comfortghan started for my mommy. I asked for 8" granny squares in earth tone colors that I would then put all together and make her a Comfortghan to wrap up in and feel loved.
The response was AMAZING.......... and I have already started to received packages. Thank you ladies so very much............... I certainly hope you all know what a blessing you truely are! My daughter asked me what happens if I get too many squares. I told her , "I wont get too many squares.... God is guiding this project and will make sure I get just the right amount... and if that means I double side the blanket and make a matching pillow or two... then thats what I do" So... I'm not turning anyone away that feels lead to send me a square or two! I really feel this is all being controled by the Good Lord ..... He knows this is what I wanted to do.. and is blessing this project.

So anyway................ thought I would share a pic of the squares I have received so far. They are just beautiful!!!! I am so excited! Thank you all again so much!

Special Thanks to: Rusty, Brenda and Eneida for the squares here in this pic that I have already received.

God Bless,
::Tam::

Lamentations 3:23

No comments: