Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Training Our Children...........

Children need to know right and wrong.... and the best place to learn it is at home. If they don't learn it there....they may end up without any moral and spiritual anchor.

Children also want their parents to care enough for them to be strict. Parents who refuse to discipline their children are actually sending a signal saying they don't care what happens to them. The Bible says... "He who loves him disciplines him promptly" (Proverbs 13:24)

The Bible also says to train our children to God's ways...."precept upon precept, line upon line... .. here a little, there a little" (Isaiah 28:10) In other words... when a child is about to become a teenager... we cant suddenly say ...... "I've ignored it so far......but now I'll cram religion and morals into my child" It must start the very moment he or she has any understanding. Does this mean its too late to start? NO! It just may be the perfect time to be a learning experience for you both!

But what we do is as important as what we say.... for children usually acquire their parents characteristics and habits. What are our children and grandchildren learning from us?
What they see is just as important if not more than what they hear from us!





hugs... love... & blessings

.::Tam::.