Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fear & Lies.....

Avoid fear, for fear is the consequence of every lie.

There are lies everywhere. Blinking neon lights, and sweetly penned secrets. A movie. A sermon. A Day after thanksgiving sale. How quickly we forget that the things we hear and see are making an impression. Like an empty place in the bed where a body used to lay,they’re wrapped up in the sheets, but they don’t need the rest. They can come without warning and talk for hours without a sound. Lies tell the future, insist on interpreting the past, and seem to always keep us paralyzed to the present. They can fill a closet with skeletons and invite monsters under the bed. Lies are strangers in friends clothing and fill your house when you’re alone.


The inevitable, unstoppable result of listening to something other than the truth. Cousins, sisters, brothers, parents possible even spouses perhaps? I’m not exactly sure the relation but I know that its a tie that binds. Feed one, and you nourish the other. Nurture a lie, and watch the panic grow. Forget the truth and welcome anxiety. Give up on hope, and welcome misery with open arms.

So then it should comes as no surprisethat the most recurrent command in all the Bible is this:“Do not be afraid.”Easy enough right? Well maybe it could be, but I don’t think we’ll ever live free of fear as long as fear itself is our problem. Fear is the consequence of a lie, Which means, if I find in myself some irrisistible anxiety, chances are, I’ve welcomed a lie into my heart. And maybe I didn’t exactly welcome it. Maybe I just forgot to close the door on some memory or I left the window cracked, but whatever the reason, if the lie has crept in somewhere, and has made its home where my faith has worn through, I must recognize it for what it is.

It should also come as no surprise then, that the work of God is belief. “This is the work of God, that you believe in the one whom He has sent.” Do we understand that fear isn’t something that we are meant to live with? Do we have any idea how free we would be if we could just believe?And trust me, I know. It’s not easy. In fact, its the hardest work any of us will ever have to do, but its the war we were meant for. Since we’re grafted into Israel as Romans says, that means we’re brought in to “wrestle with God,”for that is exactly what Israel means. So we fight to rest. We work to stop working. We war for peace. We run to stand still. Life is waiting for the ones who lose control. “taking captive every thought, and making it obedient to Christ Jesus.” Take captive? Yeah. Take it freaking captive. Smack that lie in the mouth and slaughter it with the Truth!!!


God Bless,
♥ .::Tam::.

**The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread? Psalm 27:1**

1 comment: