Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Thursday, October 15, 2009

Nothing left to say...........

My real time with God is usually in the shower. It seems to be my only place of peace.... and because any prayer time I have is only me... it seems the shower is the perfect 'prayer closet'

Sometimes I praise God for Who He is and what He has done. But other times I lay out a litany of things gone wrong.

I remind Him about my friends who have asked that I pray for them.

I remind Him of Family and Friends that need Him.

I remind Him that I still have unanswered prayers.

I beg Him to answer various requests. I talk a lot.

I pray for my marriage!

I pray for my children.

On and on my mouth goes as the water seems to rinse my anxiety away.

One day recently in a state of frustration and confusion, I'm feeling that I have no control over a certain situation in my family. I figured I could find the answers, and longed to step in and somehow fix the thing.

Whew - did God get an earful during that shower!

I stepped in the shower... looked up and said, "Come on Jesus, let's go. The sooner I solve this, the better I'm going to feel. I have to deal with this now!"

By the time I had wrinkles forming on my fingers I had laid out the basics of the situation.

I explained the problem and poured out my heart.

"God, should I…?"
"Do You think if I …?"
"What if I just...?"

I turned over every stone. Detailed each circumstance. Approached the problem from different angles, and suggested a variety of solutions.

Then, after an exhausting rant, I had nothing left to say! Just tears.
Opening my mouth to continue, nothing came out. So I just sat in silence.

About the time I was ready to get out of the shower...dry off and meet my day.... I felt God speak to me................. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart..."
I said......"I do Lord!" Then He said to me ........ "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer!"
Oh my goodness............. yes... I need to be joyful that there is hope! I need to be patient in all situations....... and continue to be faithful to my Father that He has everything under control. I need to Trust Him with all my heart!!!! Not my own thoughts!

Is there a situation you are facing that has made you weary? Are you at a point where you have nothing more to say? If so, you are not alone. Let's pray today that our words will cease so that we can make room in our hearts and thoughts to hear His.

God Bless,
♥.::Tam::.



**Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Prov. 3:5 & 6**

1 comment:

Shana Putnam said...

yes I am in a situation that desperately needs prayer and patience and I needed this post badly. Thanks for such insight. God Bless You.