I'm posting this in order to get some comments ... good or bad about it. They have come out with a new version (Kindle DX) its obviously more expensive.... and has a few upgrades... but I'm looking at the Kindle 2 a little more now because its come down in price!
click here to view the Kindle 2 on AmazonOkay ... so here is a list of reasons I would like to have one. For me and my whole family.
* I could easily store a number of pdf patterns for quick and easy access.
* If I visit a craft store and see a yarn I must buy, I could easily look through my patterns on the Kindle to find a suitable project.
* I could download crochet/knitting/craft books and have them ALL with me anywhere I go instead of having to pick just a few to bring with me.
* The Kindle is very light-weight, and nowhere near as heavy as a bunch of books, even paperbacks!
* I could save lots of paper and printer ink by storing patterns on the Kindle and not printing them out.
* I could even make notes on my pdf patterns and in books I'm reading.
* Internet access and basic web browser that will let me read simple text-centric sites like Google and Wikipedia.
* I could access books, magazines, newspapers, and blogs on the Kindle.
* I could even use it as an MP3 player.
* It has a Built-in-Dictionary to have on hand for the boys homework. Especially Patrick with definition homework he has.
* It has over 350,000 books to choose from and download for my whole family. It might make reading more fun. I could have books for everyone with me at all times.
* Ken loves to read the news. He could have all kinds of NewsPapers to read anytime.
So.... with all that said................... is it worth the money? Please comments welcome!
Have a Wonderful Wednesday everyone!
hugs........... love............ & blessings,
**Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. Romans 12:12**