Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Trusting God...................

Praise the Lord.............. what a grand new day! Yesterday started out rough... but as the day went on... after speaking to my Pastor's wife and searching God's word and seeking Him.... I felt much better. Today... I feel even better! How can one feel so great... have such a wonderful day... and just LIVE.... when all the world seems to be crashing in on them? I ask this of myself... with the emotional roller coaster I have been on of late.. how can I possibly feel Blessed?

Because I trust God. I completely TRUST Him to tend to all that has been going on. With all the hurt.. all the accusations and finger pointing... I trust God. He will make hearts right. He will bring them to a place of repenting. My job has been and will be to PRAY and TRUST. I spent time searching God's word yesterday... looking for scripture to help me focus and understand... what kept being put in my face was scriptures on Trust.
1) "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5)
2) "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass ... Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him ..." (Psalm 37:4-7)
3) "Who walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the Lord and rely upon His God." (Isaiah 50:10)
4) "Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people from this time forth and forever." (Psalm 125:1)
5) "He trusted in the Lord God of Israel ... For he held fast to the Lord; he did not depart from following Him, but kept His commandments ... The Lord was with him; he prospered wherever he went." (2 Kings 18:5-7)
These are just a few of the scriptures that were put in front of me. Amazing ... huh? I mean.. if you really read them... listen to what they say God will do for you if you just TRUST!
So.. with all that is going on around here... I had given it to God to deal with... but I'm not sure I completely trusted Him with it. So starting today.............. I totally trust Him with this. No matter what comes next... I trust He will do what needs to be done. For all parties involved.
I feel so much better. Such a relief. I don't have to worry about it anymore. God will deal with it. All I need to do is tend to my family. All else will play out as He guides it.

Well.......... today will be a spoil me kind of day. Ken is going to take me to get a manicure and pedicure. I'll get to go to the tanning salon and get 15 good minutes of RELAX time in. Its so weird how that few little minutes seem to rejuvenate you. Stop at the post office and mail out a couple of packages today. Then watch Patrick's Football game.
But for right now.. before we get moving... I'm going to share a few things I made yesterday.

These two beanies are from Donna (SmoothFox) on the 'ville. She allowed me to test the pattern for her and after forgetting to take pictures of the first two that I made and sent out... I made this one and remembered a picture. *whew*
Then I made another one and remembered a picture again.................... Yeah Me!
Now this................. is a Coffee Cup Cozy. A lovely lady named Ann from the 'ville shared this with us all. I snagged it right up and made one immediately. I LOVE IT. Now Patrick came in this morning and asked me why I had a sweater on my coffee mug. But then quickly dismissed it due to knowing I will make all kinds of things that don't always make since to him. I told him it was to keep my coffee warmer... longer. He just grinned and said... 'uh huh'
I'm going to make a bunch of these for Teachers for possibly Christmas gifts. I'll get a few mugs and yarn of School colors and start working on them. I need to get them done way ahead of time ... due to the fact that I will be making ALOT of them. My boys love ALL the teachers.. not just the ones they have for class this yr.
(Thank you Anut Joycie for my box of leftovers... see what I did with some of it.... the pink beanie and this cozy)

Okay.................. off I go. Have a GREAT day everyone. Do something for me today. Take just one thing in your life right now that may be troubling you and give it to God... then let go and trust Him with it. Bigger picture... you'll be doing it for yourself... and you'll open the door for God to Bless you.

Huge Hugs........ Lots of Love......... and Bountiful Blessings,
.::Tam::.

**For God is not a God of disorder but of peace, as in all the meetings of God's holy people.
~ 1 Corinthians 14:33**


3 comments:

craziebunny said...

Always like reading your blog. I love the mug warmer that you made! The red white blue hat is great!You didnt show that in the ville or I missed it.Hope that you had a good time tanning that always seem to give me a good break and come out feeling great!Take care now Sheila

Anonymous said...

I, too, really like the red, white and blue hat. :) Where did you get the head form to model your hats? I've been wanting to get one, but can't find where to order one that's not outrageously priced...

teakaycee said...

gotta love ebay.... hehehee.
thats where I got the head form from. I think it was a couple dollars and with shipping...under $5.
Thanks for the compliments ladies.. I always appreciate them!!!
have a great day...
God Bless
.::T::.