Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Monday, October 13, 2008

Magnificent Monday???

Received this email from my cousin this morning.............. Wow... what a morning to get it too!! Turned my day around. After this email and a great talk with my Pastor and his wonderful wife (I love you guys... thank you)........I'm going to have a magnificent Monday... and Share the love of GOD with all......... as best I can!!!!!!

A young lady named Sally , relates an experience she had in a seminary class, given by her teacher, Dr. Smith. She says that Dr. Smith was known for his elaborate object lessons.
One particular day, Sally walked into the seminary and knew they were in for a fun day.
On the wall was a big target and on a nearby table were many darts. Dr. Smith told the students to draw a picture of someone that they disliked or someone who had made them angry , and he would allow them to throw darts at the person's picture.
Sally's friend drew a picture of who had stolen her boyfriend. Another friend drew a picture of his little brother . Sally drew a picture of a former friend, putting a great deal of detail into her drawing, even drawing pimples on the face. Sally was pleased with the overall effect she had achieved.
The class lined up and began throwing darts. Some of the students threw their darts with such force that their targets were ripping apart . Sally looked forward to her turn, and was filled with disappointment when Dr. Smith, because of time limits, asked the students to return to their seats. As Sally sat thinking about how angry she was because she didn't have a chance to throw any darts at her target. Dr. Smith began removing the target from the wall.
Underneath the target was a picture of Jesus. A hush fell over the room as each student viewed the mangled picture of Jesus;holes and jagged marks covered His face and His eyes were pierced. Dr. Smith said only these words.... ' In as much as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto Me .'
Matthew 25:40.
No other words were necessary; tears filled eyes of the students focused only on the picture of Christ.
This is an easy test; you score 100 or zero. It's your choice.
If you aren't ashamed to do this, please follow the directions.
Jesus said, 'If you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you, before My Father .'
Not ashamed... pass this on.
Ashamed... delete it ..

Isn't it funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going all downhill.
Isn't it funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says.
Isn't it funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do not have to believe, think, say, or do anything the Bible says. Or is it scary?
Isn't it funny how someone can say ' I believe in God ' but still follow Satan (who, by the way, also 'believes' in God! ).
Isn't it funny how you can send a thousand jokes through e-mail and! they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord , people think twice about sharing .
Isn't it funny how the lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene pass freely through cyberspace, but the public discussion of Jesus is suppressed in the school and workplace.
Isn't it funny how someone can be so fired up for Christ on Sunday, but be an invisible Christian the rest of the week.
Are you laughing?
Isn't it funny how when you go to forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you for sending it to them.
Isn't it funny how I can be more worried about what other people think of me than what God thinks of me.
Will YOU pass this on? ... I did

'nough said.
God loves you... and so do I! Each and every one of you!
have a Magnificent Monday and a Wonderful Week

God Bless,
.::Tammy::.

**In as much as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto Me .' Matthew 25:40. **

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've seen this forward before, but it is definitely a good reminder that we need to keep our emotions in check and to not let them run away with us, let alone think about how we treat other people, not only by our actions, but in our thoughts as well. Thank you for sharing!