Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Wednesday, October 15, 2008

One day at a time...

Wow................... What a day. Talk about a ride of Satan vs God. Of course God wins... but the struggle game sure can be taxing. Looking to the future is a good thing.. planning your life out so to make the best of it while we're here is smart! But we need to take our life... One Day at a Time! Focus on the day at hand! When we spend so much time worrying about the future... we are opening doors for Satan. He comes in and places doubt and anxiety in out heads... which then takes our focus off God. Let God make each of your days.. new.. exciting.. and full of adventure.
Ken and I had a great day together today... but there were moments that Satan tried to get in there. First thing this morning... I wake with a grand look on the day... get the boys ready for school.... and plan my day out. I spend some great time in prayer in the shower ... yes.. the shower... stop laughing!!!! I actually feel my closest to God then. I have nothing to hide... no where to run. Anyway... I see prayers answered right away with a work related issue for Ken going good!!!
So what does Satan do... try to create an issue with one of my older kids (broken cell phone issue that becomes my problem) Nothing major.. not worth really hashing out here... but enough to try and dampen my morning and focus! Well... I get that issue cleared up... stick my tongue out at Satan and move forward. Ken and I then go on to have a lovely lunch meeting with a good friend of his. Ken and him have a nice visit along with talking business. We finish there and onto another business meeting. This time for me. There has been an opportunity put in front of me that I would love to take... but I need to really spend some time in prayer about it. I think that Satan is trying to spoil in for me .. by putting doubt in my head... but at the same time.. I want to be sure that this is where God wants me to be. While driving to get the boys from school... I was full of ideas and questions about this possible opportunity. My mind was busy with my own thoughts on it .. while trying to ask God in my head if this is what He thinks I should do. Well.. of course you spend anytime with God... Satan is going to do his best to spoil that... so of course.. I start feeling thoughts of doubt... and then that all draws me away from the subject at hand and steers me towards the other personal issues that have been going on in my life the last few months that have been emotionally draining on me. I almost said out loud in the van.................. 'What the Heck is your problem???!!!!' I regained focus... said a quiet prayer about the personal issue and moved back to looking to God to guide me in the business deal. All this brings me back to Trusting God. I feel like my focus of late is TRUST. I constantly hear Him say... 'Do you trust me?' Well of course I do... but my behavior tells Him otherwise. Trust God one day at a time. Trust Him with this personal issue in my life... trust Him to show me the answers to my questions about what to do next.. where to go from here... how to serve Him best. Will it be that I take on this business? Or is it that I continue to do what I do.. the best I can. Through all this ... Ken is also faced with some ideas and decisions of his own related to business opportunities. I need to trust that God will show us what that may be. I just want to do what is best... what in the end gives all Glory to God.
When a multitude of voices clamors for our attention, how can we hear God's voice? Satan uses the things of this world to deceive us. But God's voice is always clear. His words speak comfort, not confusion.
Its funny... I don't seem to have confusion over giving to others... but when it comes to giving to myself........... I cant seem to find a clear answer.
Which now brings me to some show and tell. More giving to others. *grin*
Well........... I shared my first Coffee Cup Cozy with you.... and thought that I would be making some for teachers for Christmas. I started on them today... two done... 18 to go. Yes you read that correctly... total of 20 to make. *sigh* My boys have such soft hearts. Of course Patrick has 7 teachers to give to due to being in Jr High now. Michael and David have a few teachers each........... but also want to give to past teachers they loved and staff members at the school that they love and and and ... which then brings the count to 20. Good thing I'm starting now. I made one Cozy for a ceramic mug and one for a disposable cup. I'm rather proud of myself over the disposable cup one. Made that one up myself.. from the inspiration of Ann's original Coffee Cup Cozy for the ceramic mug. Anyway.. .I will fill then all with goodies and wrap them nicely for gifts. I think I will make 10 of each and let the boys choose what to give to who.

Coffee Cup Cozy for ceramic mug...
Coffee Cup Cozy for disposable cup...
Now this is my newest 12 point round Prayer Blanket. I know I should be working on the ones for my "kids" (children with Nephrotic Syndrome) but I had a special request come in for this one. A dear online friend of a few years now asked if I would make one of my Prayer Blankets for a little boy she knows. His name is Kasey and he has Brain Cancer. He's 10yrs old and they found that the tumor broke apart and spread throughout his brain and into his spine. My heart just breaks to hear children sick and hurting. So you all know me by now. I thought I would at least start and work on his Blanket in between all my other projects... so that he will have one too. I decided to make him a Spiderman Blanket. I sure hope my friend approves and Kasey likes it!!! I'm on row 15 now!
Whew............... need to get a few things tended to... get some crocheting done and rest a bit before I take on a new day tomorrow!
Have a GREAT evening everyone. Focus your sights on God and your life WILL be blessed!
Hugs... Love... and Blessings,
.::T::.

if you would please ... say some prayers for me and Ken. That we hold strong to our trust in God that He will guide us accordingly. And prayers for all the children out there sick and hurting... Kasey... with Brain Cancer... Michael and all the other children with Nephrotic Syndrome.

**For God is not a God of disorder but of peace, as in all the meetings of God's holy people.
1 Corinthians 14:33**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that disposable coffe cozy! It is too cute!!! Great work, as always, and still giving from your heart. God bless and have a fantastic day!