Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Friday, August 29, 2008

Purse/Tote Swap ...

Wow.............. was this fun! I cant tell you how much I enjoyed this swap. And it was first swap on C'ville too............. so for it to be so much fun was a bonus!
This was the bag I had made for Kris and all the goodies sent with it. I was so please to hear from her and find out that she loved her package.
Here is the BEAUTIFUL bag and goodies I received from my swap partner... Kris. The bag is called a *Haekelbeutel Bag* Now before I go any further... I want you to notice the color theme here with the bag I sent Kris and the one she sent me. Hmmmmm .... interesting... no? This wasn't planned. It just happened this way.
The bag was filled with all the goodies you see here. Pattern books... buttons... yarn needles...stitch markers... Lovely yarn.... Razzberry M&Ms.... Chocolate covered espresso beans... which by the way....................... YUM! and I think my favorite thing ...besides the bag itself.................. that sweet little turtle. There he is... see him........... down there in the bottom of the picture?

Okay..................... Here's a close up. Is he the CUTEST thing ever.. or what?! Oh .. I love him! I Love my bag. I love Kris for going to all this trouble for me!
I so hope Kris and I stay in touch more than just on C'ville. She is such a sweet heart!

Well.. its late ......... I have a few more rows to crochet and bed to climb into and pretend I'm sleeping in.... because we all know I don't sleep... :)
May your weekend be FANTASTIC!
Be thankful … for what you have… and don’t have.
Be thankful for the things you get done.. and things you have to put on hold.
When your Van breaks down… and you need to call the mechanic… be thankful you have a van in the first place. When a storm rolls in and you don’t have electricity for days… be thankful for having “real” time with your family. Get out those board games and have fun cooking on the grill.
When you have an argument with a family member or friend.... Be thankful that they are alive and well to argue with!
When you have a sick one at home… be thankful he is AT HOME and not in the hospital.
When you cant get anything done due to tending to that sick one at home… be thankful that you are spending that quality time with your child and not on the computer or watching TV.
How thankful are you? Can you find the good in the things that seem bad? Can you be thankful for the things that seem to be going wrong?

hugs
.........love
.................Blessings
.::T::.

**And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.
~ Ezekiel 36:26**

3 comments:

June said...

Congratulations on your Gold Medal! Your afghans are beautiful! Love the stuff from your C'ville swap...both yours and hers. Hope you have a blessed Labor Day weekend.

Rachel said...

oh my gosh i love the turtle. its so cute!

Anonymous said...

That is too funny about the bag colors!!! You did a great job with her package and am glad you were "spoiled" in return! :)