Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Friday, October 4, 2019

I'm Not Perfect..........

I’m not perfect. 
Are you surprised?  I make mistakes. Sometimes the mistakes are little, sometimes they are whoppers. Sometimes I don't even know I've made the mistake.... sometimes I realize it immediately after I've done it.   I've even said or done things knowing good and well at the time I shouldn't be.  I can sometimes act like a rebelling child.
 Have you ever rebelled since becoming a Christian? Have you ever told God "I don't care, I am going to do it my way" when He is trying to keep you from doing something that is going to harm you and/or someone else?   
Sadly, I have. I feel like Paul when he wrote...…
“For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.” Romans 7:15 
When i sat down to write this message... the enemy told me not to do it because if I confessed that I make mistakes and am not “perfect” then "they (the world) will know I mess up and how could anyone want to be associated with or encouraged by someone who messes up". 
The enemy doesn’t want me to move forward, he wants to keep me down and to just give up. But, that’s not me. I am never going to give up. I am going to do what God wants me to do, Be what God wants me to be... and stumbling is part of the growth!So, what did I do?   I searched out scripture . I sought God out. And guess what, He showed up and, I found the following scriptures:
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.” Psalm 51:10 

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” James 5:16 

For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.” Romans 7:16 

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.” Proverbs 19:20-21 

I was reminded of how David rebelled and even that Peter was told by Jesus, "Oh yee of little faith". 

Life is hard!!   We are still human and we still have our flesh to deal with. Not one of us is perfect. If we were, we wouldn't need God. That's why I am so grateful for being broken. When I am broken, that means that I allow God into my life to fix me the way only He can. That doesn’t mean I am going to continue to rebel and ignore God’s voice in my life. It means....  I am going to pray and work harder to hear the voice of God in my life. 

Dear Lord, my heart cries out to you in praise and thanksgiving. Thank you for showing up in my life, for loving me enough to discipline me, and for speaking to me, warning me not to go at this life alone. Please forgive me for my rebellion.... help me forgive myself... and I pray others I have wronged and /or disappointed can forgive me also.... I ask that you bring me back to the straight and oh so narrow path. Amen
God Bless
Tammy

No comments: