Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Thursday, August 16, 2018

Seeing God......

Proverbs 3:24-26
David was confident that the Lord was always right there with him (Ps. 16:8). His psalms reveal that in surveying his life... he saw God’s fingerprints all over it. Like David... we must train our spiritual eyes to notice evidence of the heavenly Father’s presence in our life.


Seeing with spiritual eyes isn’t a now-and-then kind of thing....it’s a lifestyle. In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said, “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God” (Matt. 5:8). Those who walk before the Lord with a clear conscience will take captive unholy thoughts, habits, attitudes, and words. They will cast out sin and live in righteousness. As a result, such believers have a spiritual clarity that sharpens their awareness of God’s presence and involvement in their life.


I've tried to make it a habit over the years that has helped me to focus on Him. When I lie down and talk to the Lord before going to sleep, I try to recall the events of my day. What I’m really doing is looking for evidence of God’s hand at work. How did He guide this decision? Answer this question? Protect me in this situation? Help me in this relationship? Appreciating the Lord’s handiwork a second time (even when the initial experience may have been difficult) etches the reality of His love deeper in my heart.


The evidence of God’s great power is all over your life.... if only you will see it. Viewing the world with wide-open spiritual eyes changes one’s perspective. Instead of saying, “I can’t,” say, “I can because the Lord always enables me.” Live confident in the loving, omnipotent God, who dwells within you.


<>< God Bless you all
Tammy

No comments: