Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Weak places.........

We all have them. Weak places. Places inside that make us wonder if we’ll ever get it together like the “together people.” Places that make us feel less than. Less than victorious. Less than a conqueror. Less than strong.

My weak places frustrate me!!!

With the power of Christ all things can be made new. All broken things are subject to restoration. But sometimes I get so tired of trying and I just feel weak. Can you relate?

What is your weak place? A money situation that seems impossible? A marriage issue that frustrates you to your core? A temper that flares? An insecurity that stings? A family dysfunction that is always brewing? A food issue that rages even though you just signed up for that new diet program?

Let me breathe a little life into your weakness today. Whatever it is, however large it may loom:

“…the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express” (Romans 8:26).

We don’t have to have all the answers. We don’t have to make suggestions to God. It’s okay to be so tired of our weak places that we run out of words to pray.

Look at the beautiful verses written to us Jesus girls tucked in around Romans 8:26 about weak places…

“There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1).

“You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit” (Romans 8:9a).

“If God is for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31b).

“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us” (Romans 8:37).

Maybe we need to sit still for just a moment or two today. Quietly sit without the weight of condemnation or the swirl of trying to figure things out. Quiet, with nothing but the absolute assurance the Spirit helps us in our weakness.

He understands our weak places. He knows what to pray. There is a purpose to this weakness. Though it doesn’t feel good, things will be worked out in a way that good will come from it (Romans 8:28).

In that quiet stillness while the Spirit prays for us and we just simply soak in truth, there will be a flicker of light. A slight trickle of hope. A grace so unimaginable, we’ll feel His power overshadowing our weakness.

“Even the smallest drop of God’s strength is more than enough to cover our frailties, our shortcomings, the places where we deem ourselves weak.”

Dependent on the only One powerful enough to help us. The only One sufficient enough to cover us in grace throughout the process.

Our relationships may not be sufficient. Our circumstances may not be sufficient. Our finances may not be sufficient. Our willpower may not be sufficient. Our confidence may not be sufficient. But He is and has been, and forever will be.

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness” (2 Corinthians 12:9).

So instead of wallowing in my weak place, I will let the Spirit reveal the one positive step I can take today. I will wash away the condemnation with the warmth of His grace. I will receive His power. And I will rename the weak place, my strong place. “For when I am weak, then I am strong” (2 Corinthians 12:10b).



Dear Lord, I know I am weak without You. Please help me to have just enough faith to get through the next situation I will face today. And then enough faith for the next. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.



hugs... love... & blessings
.::Tam::.

1 comment:

Fledgling Techie said...

This post is very timely...I opened it to read when it was first posted, but only just now got around to reading it. Thank you for sharing this. I definitely needed the reminder!