Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Monday, February 8, 2010

The 2010 Crochet Games of Ancient Greece

I've joined the Games again! :)
This year I'm challenging myself to make a sweater of my own original design and make a Lumberjack Flannel'ghan. I'm excited and nervous at the same time........ I sure hope I can pull this off!!!

Over at Crochetville............. the Games are about to begin.

Eligibility: The 2010 Crochet Games of Ancient Greece are open to all crocheters around the world who wish to celebrate the spirit of the ancient Greek games by challenging themselves and their crochet abilities.
The Game: Begin and complete the crochet project of your choice in the time between the beginning of the opening ceremonies (February 12, 2010) and the extinguishing of the flame at the closing ceremonies (February 28, 2010) of the 2008 Vancouver Olympics. Times will be posted later when they're available.
Rules: 1. Select a project that will be a challenge for you to complete during the 16 days from the beginning to the end of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver.
2. The definition of "challenge" will be left up to each individual competitor. As the real ancient Greek games featured many different sports, you may select your challenge from a number of different categories. You may accept the challenge of learning a new technique. You may accept the challenge of completing a time-intensive project in this limited amount of time. If you're a brand-new crocheter, any project may be a challenge for you to accept. From newbies to experienced crocheters, select a project that is a challenge for you.
3. The 2010 Crochet Games of Ancient Greece are designed to be fun. Select a project that will be a stretch to complete, not impossible. The goal should be to select a project that is possible to complete, but only with a good deal of dedicated effort and a little bit of sacrifice.
4. You may not start your actual project until the beginning of the opening ceremonies (February 12, 2010).
5. You may work on your project any time you wish between the beginning of the opening ceremonies and the time the flame is extinguished.
6. The goal is to complete your project before the flame is extinguished during the final ceremonies.
hugs... love... & blessings
.::Tam::.

1 comment:

Marie Anne said...

I hadn't seen this yet, thanks for posting! I'm headed to the 'ville and maybe I'll take up this challenge.