Verse of the day...

~ “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10



Monday, May 4, 2009

The thief comes..........


“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10:10
How many of us godly women who have loved and served God in our home, church, and community for years. Now, due to having very sad... discouraging issues in our lives do nothing. Ashamed, blame ourselves for others choices, and because of them, considers ourselves unworthy to serve. Not only does this allow our situation to steal our peace and joy, but our service too.
Many Christians fall into this same trap. They allow the enemy to rob them of their peace, steal their joy, and kill their witness over situations beyond their control.
It’s true. Satan has always been a tempter, but where he catches us off guard is by thinking he tempts us to do bad things. Our flesh mostly takes care of that job. The fact is Satan tempts us in order to lose what God has given us.
If Satan can rob our joy and steal our witness, then he makes us useless in the kingdom of God. We become unproductive when our faith is stripped by unexpected heartbreak. Nevertheless, you and I must not let Satan use our circumstances to steal our joy. That sounds good, but how do we find true joy in midst of heartache? We find it by depending on the Lord.
David reminds us, “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song” (Ps 28:7).
First, David believed God heard his cries. Second, he relied on God’s provision and strength. Third, David trusted in God’s help with all of his heart. This kept him from growing weak, losing heart, and giving up. Finally, because David believed God was for him, in him, with him, and behind him one hundred percent, David was able to give thanks with a joyful heart.
Like David we will experience situations that can steal our joy and leave us feeling unworthy to serve. To think this way is to see ourselves outside of God’s grace. You and I don’t serve God because we are good enough. We serve God because He’s good enough. It’s His perfection working through our imperfections. By the same token, our joy is not defined by our circumstances. It’s based on our relationship with God who, in due time, will bring us out of our present situation. Exercising faith in God - not circumstances - aids the discouraged heart so that Satan cannot steal our joy or our purpose.
Dear Lord, Today I refuse to let Satan steal my joy. I long for the fullness of life that You have given me. As I trust You in my present situation, I also trust You to restore my peace and joy. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Have a Wonderful day.... filled with God.. joy and happiness!
huge hugs...lots of love ... and bountiful Blessings,
.::Tam::.
**By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life.
~ 2 Peter 1:3**

2 comments:

Diane said...

Tammy, this is a beautiful post. It is so true that life's circumstances can sometimes conspire to cause us to turn from our Lord. I am so very thankful He is always near and so ready to lift me up! Losing my dear husband has been the most devastating experience of my life and I never expect anything to affect this deeply again. The Lord has been so near to me, held me so lovingly in His able arms and given me comfort only He could give. Thank you for this reflection on what a truly amazing God we serve and how iminently near He is, if only we can acknowledge His presence and seek His face. Have a great week! Many hugs...........

Diane

Shana Putnam said...

you always have such wonderful inspiring posts and they always say something I need to hear. Thank you so much for giving me a little more God in my day. I look forward to the lesson I inevitably learn when i read your blog. Have a blessed day.
Shana