Do you keep God all to yourself?
Do you share Him with anyone?
Do your friends or family know you have a relationship with God?
Do you only display your love for God at church?
If you were to die today... would half the folks at your funeral be shocked to find out you had a love for God? And from that... how many of those folks arent walking with God and may have been if you had shared God with them?
Does it take your death to open their eyes and let them look for God?
Is there a separation in friendships or relationships because of all this?
Why do you keep God to yourself?
What are you afraid of?
Why dont you share Him with your friends and family?
Do you not want them to know God? Would you not like to see them in Heaven someday? Or are you living in the world of ... *If people know I love God... I cant live the life I like to live.* ?
Are you really that comfortable with the way things are....Praising God at church on Sundays ... talking to Him only when you are alone and probably only when you want something from Him.... and living the carefree " I can do what I want" life the rest of the week. ?
Would you be okay knowing someone dear to you died without knowing God? And you could have simply shared God with them.
You dont have to walk around with your bible spouting off scriptures every 15 minutes. Although that would be awesome... I would even love to do that. But in reality of most of us humans. The most simplest of things work. They are the things that plant the seed. They are the things that people hold on to.
* When someone tells you of their troubles.... simply say... I'm sorry to hear that.. I'll pray for you. Dont help them wallow in their sorrows by offering advise or stories of your own.
* My Pastor talks about this one all the time. When eating out... and you are about to say grace... ask your waiter or waitress if there is anything you could pray for them for.
* Family Pray time. Now dont freak out... you dont have to get out your bible and schedule some grand family time. Simply gather in the morning before leaving the house for school and/or work. Hold hands in a circle... everyone simply say what they would like God to help them with that day. Could be a spelling test... could be a meeting at work.. could be a child at school that has been picking on them... and so on. Thank your Father in Heaven and have a wonderful day. Do the same at night before bed.. this time.... instead of seeking Gods help .. Thank Him... Thank your Lord for a beautiful day.... for the good lunch at school... for making a new friend... for a successful day at work.... and so on. Then off to bed. Wow... that was easy.
* When sending someone a card... (Thank You card... Thinking of you card... Birthday card... etc) write a scripture under your signature. With email being the way the world is today... having a scripture in your signature line would be great!
* On the back of your business cards... write a scripture
* Write a bible scripture on your receipt from a dinner out that you leave for the waitress.
* When you go visit a friend that is sick... at home or in the hospital... before you leave... say a prayer for them / with them.
* Pick a scripture to be your focus for the day. Share it with your family and friends by simply applying it to your day... or telling others of it.
These things and so many more are just simple ways to share God with others and not hold Him all to yourself.
Do any or all of these things and watch God move in your own life. Do them with the love of God completely in your heart... dont be a poser .... or just go through the motions... you wont be helping anyone else... or yourself.
God has so much to give you and show you.............. just simply let Him! And share Him with others so they can be blessed with you!
I love you all.......... I want you all to know God. I want to share Him with you ALL!
Have a Fabulous Friday and a Wonderful Weekend!
God Bless you!
huge hugs... lots of love and bountiful blessings,
**Put me on trial, Lord, and cross-examine me. Test my motives and affections. ~ Psalm 26:2**